Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
would go around a corner I would feel a roll,
Yep, that’s where you notice it, and of course there’s no slow speed dampener to adjust on the P5.. ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
When I took mine off, would go around a corner I would feel a roll, adjusted the slow speed dampening stiffer and all good!
Btw, what’s the point in disconnecting the ASB on a 1000?? We do it on the P5 because they’re so damn tippy....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Gets better!
Is there a thread for the 1000 ASB being removed? I didn’t realize folks were doing that. I know I won’t be.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Dude, the 1000 doesn’t need it. Try doing 200 miles at Mulberry in a P5 and then you’ll see why the 1000 stock is fine.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah, have you ever even tried it disconnected?
If you’re referring to my P5, yes, it’s been disconnected since it was a toddler, that’s how I know is squirrelly cornering on gravel. If you’re referring to the 1000, no. I don’t see the need, it’s articulation (suspension travel) is just fine stock. I’ve never even been close to flipping it. I just don’t see the need.

Reactions: trigger
Idahocrawler

Idahocrawler

Sep 29, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
How stiff are you guys setting the shocks when disconnecting the sway bar

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
How stiff are you guys setting the shocks when disconnecting the sway bar
I had gone to full soft with the bar. After removing it, i went back up to 2nd to add a little roll control, figuring it would still ride way better (and it did). I need to experiment more with this, as it seems to have a touch too much sag (i'm a lard ass), so it might be improved a little more. Mine's a 2015 w/no front adjustments for preload.

Reds10

Reds10

Sep 20, 2018
Central arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I removed my ASB, arms, etc. in less than 10 minutes and I had no trouble getting it out.

At first i felt better about have the front and rear shocks set on the 3rd setting. Because it was close to resembling the factory setting with the ASB.

But after getting it to camp I took the front down to 1 and the rear down to 2. I can't say that it feels dangerous on the hillsides, or the holes that i'm crawling through. In fact, i'm surprise both front tires are staying on the ground in some of the stuff i'm going tough (multiple very deep hog wallows in the middle of trails make for some unique suspension tests).

Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had an '07 Rhino 660 that had all the recall work done (add doors, rear wheel spacers, and sway bar removal). I removed the sway bar myself, before the work was done. It made a huge difference in how it handled the rocky trails I ride on. I just brought my Pioneer home from my cabin for "winter add-on's". Removing the sway bar is on my list for sure!

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I think the ASB really helps most on the P500 because in part the freeing up some of the suspension giving the full 2wd option unlike the others with turf mode. I suspect turf mode would make the P500 rip around corners more efficiently....

Biglen

Biglen

Mar 14, 2018
Mentor ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I just disconnected the sway bar and left it in place to see if i liked it . I went riding for a weekend and loved the way it handled , all the tires seemed to stay on the ground on off camber situations . I ride in woods mostly so I’m not going fast , so I am going to keep the sway bar in place for now but disconnected

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just disconnected the sway bar and left it in place to see if i liked it . I went riding for a weekend and loved the way it handled , all the tires seemed to stay on the ground on off camber situations . I ride in woods mostly so I’m not going fast , so I am going to keep the sway bar in place for now but disconnected
FYI...did you just disconnect one side?

I found that doing that, the free side would hit the a arm when really twisted.

Reactions: rtn001
J

JTW

Yup... best thing you can do is disconnect it and replace it with another machine

Reactions: rtn001 and DG Rider
Biglen

Biglen

Mar 14, 2018
Mentor ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I disconnected both sides , I didn’t get twisted up really bad so not sure if A arm would hit sway bar but I didn’t have any issues while riding , just handled awesome , I felt like the machine was just gliding over bumps

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!