Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Took a quick ride last night to try the sway bar removal mod. All I can say is wow, and it won't be going back in. Had that same stupid grin from ear to ear like the day I drove home with it :) I really put it through some corners on gravel roads on the high end, it flexes a bit but in the end I liked how much better the ride felt. The improved ride will be much easier on my photography equipment. Here's a shot I got last night.View attachment 16909
I'm unhooking mine today. Are you zoomed in on that moose, or did he pose for you that close?

Reactions: JTW
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I'm unhooking mine today. Are you zoomed in on that moose, or did he pose for you that close?
That shot is about 100yrds away Montecresto, he did however walk about 20yrds right behind me without a care in the world. I just liked the framing of that picture.

Reactions: JTW
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
It really makes a difference I think you will be happy with the results, I know I'm not looking back. I don't see me using it again even pulling my small trailer.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It really makes a difference I think you will be happy with the results, I know I'm not looking back. I don't see me using it again even pulling my small trailer.
Cool, I hope I have the same report by the end of the weekend. I guess that guy doesn't know that sometimes it's a gun that you have pointed at him or he wouldn't have stood still for the shot, lol.

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Cool, I hope I have the same report by the end of the weekend. I guess that guy doesn't know that sometimes it's a gun that you have pointed at him or he wouldn't have stood still for the shot, lol.
This is unit was opened for the first time last year with only one tag issued. I helped with the hunt. It is now the Idaho #1 bull. #5 in the world. And he took one of the smaller bulls because he was impatient so. This year is the same but i expect the world record to come out of it this year. Yeah these guy's are not pressured at all so for photography it is a dream.

Montecresto I don't think you will be to disappointed, I think in the bigger picture I believe honda put these on to assist with overall stability for worse case scenario. But at the speeds we run these things and intended purposes of most I believe this is a decent gain in overall suspension performance with out altering the overall factory package. Even loaded heavy I imagine it will perform fine, I will have a few bull elk I'm sure loaded on this thing in the fall to help verify this. I'm going out today again and will hopefully get some decent shots to post.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
This is unit was opened for the first time last year with only one tag issued. I helped with the hunt. It is now the Idaho #1 bull. #5 in the world. And he took one of the smaller bulls because he was impatient so. This year is the same but i expect the world record to come out of it this year. Yeah these guy's are not pressured at all so for photography it is a dream.

Montecresto I don't think you will be to disappointed, I think in the bigger picture I believe honda put these on to assist with overall stability for worse case scenario. But at the speeds we run these things and intended purposes of most I believe this is a decent gain in overall suspension performance with out altering the overall factory package. Even loaded heavy I imagine it will perform fine, I will have a few bull elk I'm sure loaded on this thing in the fall to help verify this. I'm going out today again and will hopefully get some decent shots to post.
Sounds good Stacy. Looking forward to more moose pics and seeing how my ride is post sway bar.

Reactions: Stacy
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Looking forward to your findings especially on the off camber hillsides and see if it remains stable at angles. That is what keep me from unhooking mine because while doing a lot of rock riding there are a lot of fairly steep hillsides we encounter.

...I found & think for those
who stay on flat ground.
ricky racing....on gravel
roads...this could help.
I didn't see hardly any
difference in the kind
of riding we do...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Looking forward to your findings especially on the off camber hillsides and see if it remains stable at angles. That is what keep me from unhooking mine because while doing a lot of rock riding there are a lot of fairly steep hillsides we encounter.
That's exactly the reason I'm unhooking mine for this weekends ride, I want to see if the butt clinching off camber events are improved or not. Already tried the lowest setting on the shocks with negligible results. My review will be posted here at the end of the weekend ride. So far, I've only seen where one member has reconnected their sway bar, the vast majority find significantly improved stability without it, and I don't take turns at high speed, so I remain hopeful.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
That's exactly the reason I'm unhooking mine for this weekends ride, I want to see if the butt clinching off camber events are improved or not. Already tried the lowest setting on the shocks with negligible results. My review will be posted here at the end of the weekend ride. So far, I've only seen where one member has reconnected their sway bar, the vast majority find significantly improved stability without it, and I don't take turns at high speed, so I remain hopeful.

....not everyone rides the same
terrain. ..to me. It was most
noticeable going fast on
gravel roads...other than that
it was un_noticeable. ..
it's a safety feature
I am one of those that
hooked it back up...
didn't see the benifit in
the riding I do....
if ya get side ways on a steep
slope...
you'll wish you left well
enough alone

advertisement
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No fighting guys!
I disconnected and love it, I use common sense when taking corners , wear seatbelt . One thing that helped me to get more safety conscious and get better feeling leaning angles was motorcycle school, so I started to take it every year, just next level up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One more thing to add, I have aftermarket wheels and tires , my width now not 50 but 53"

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
One more thing to add, I have aftermarket wheels and tires , my width now not 50 but 53"

51-1/2" here.

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
The sway bar thread from hell, lol. I took mine off and it seemed better, but we are talking about a machine with 6" of travel that has a max speed of 40mph... not really gonna matter much either way :)

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
:) Sounds like all of us need good weekend ride and camping and test our ideas :) and find the truth :).
I think respectful argumenting is the way to go :).

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
:) Sounds like all of us need good weekend ride and camping and test our ideas :) and find the truth :).
I think respectful argumenting is the way to go :).

It's on the agenda solrus!

Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
For what its worth guy's, I beat the crap out of my honda today, side hills, strait up hills, strait down hills, heck at one point i felt like wile e coyote, I was off the end of a rock and nothing under me :/ In all seriousness i put her thew hell today and I really am liking her disconnected. I AM keeping a spanner wrench though at all times so if I decide to load her up I can set the shocks on the fly a little stiffer. So I noticed when I stiffened up the shocks on the hi speed twists it took a lot of the little give away versus being a little loose. I think that is easy enough to do on the fly when loading her down so the sway bar is gone for good.

Reactions: Montecresto
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This thread has run it's course. Keep your comments civil and not personal no matter how passionate your opinion is.

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!