P1000m5 Sxs door height question

B

Baddeck

Oct 19, 2020
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone, I am new on here and just ordered a new 2021 1000-5 deluxe and was wondering if someone could help me out. My machine will not be in until December and I would like to build a new utility trailer to move it around since my old one is too narrow. I am thinking about going with a 12 x 6.5 foot 3500lb axle. The part I need help with is could someone measure the height of the door from the bottom of the open door to the ground. I would like to put sides on the trailer but I want to be able to open the door over them so you can get in and out. Any help would be appreciated. Stock machine if possible. Dealers don’t have any and I don’t know anyone with one other then you great folk.

Thanks Andrew

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the club. Congrats on the purchase. Post up pics when you pick it up.

Reactions: wrhii and Baddeck
bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks About 15 inches, my tires are but half

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
U also have to compensate for your wieght. When I use my brother's trailer, If I sit down before I half close the doors they get stuck on the rails. When I built mine I used a 2x6 side rails.

Reactions: TxDoc
B

Baddeck

Oct 19, 2020
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
U also have to compensate for your wieght. When I use my brother's trailer, If I sit down before I half close the doors they get stuck on the rails. When I built mine I used a 2x6 side rails.

Valid point , I am probably welding a 2 inch angle rail all around at 14 inches high. Deck will be 6 foot 8 wide now so should be ok to get a leg out and weight off the machine. Thanks for all the intel.
Andrew

Reactions: TxDoc
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Valid point , I am probably welding a 2 inch angle rail all around at 14 inches high. Deck will be 6 foot 8 wide now so should be ok to get a leg out and weight off the machine. Thanks for all the intel.
Andrew
Springs sag over time. You'll load gear on your machine which will change the door height as well. The difference in your rails being 12" versus 14" won't mean much to their function. I'd give yourself plenty of room if you're making it essentially purpose built. Or you could even make the side rail drop in stake pockets and be removable so then you really never have to worry about it.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a PJ utility trailer and it has 10" sides on it. It works really well, but the only thing I have to remember is to close the door when going off the back ramp. I would guess the door would catch on the corner and gate latch when you are unloading it. Don't ask me how I would guess that would happen.

• Wow
Reactions: Baddeck and CID
R

rickoshea

I have a PJ utility trailer and it has 10" sides on it. It works really well, but the only thing I have to remember is to close the door when going off the back ramp. I would guess the door would catch on the corner and gate latch when you are unloading it. Don't ask me how I would guess that would happen.
probably the same as i would guess reversing out of the garage with one open might cause you to clip the roll up door roller bracket??? 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Baddeck

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!