Synthetic Oil

Cavediver

Cavediver

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2016
Seminole FL
Ownership

1. 500
After break-in (100 mile service) when do most folks switch to a full Synthetic Oil?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You don't have to.There is no real proof that Synthetic is any better in these machines.Honda recommends you don't.
now with that said>>>>>>>>>>>I believe if you live in very harsh cold conditions that after complete break in."500 miles or so"
that it will help make sure clutch and engine lube quicker after long times without running......with the 500 and 700
JMO

Last edited:
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I went with the Full Synthetic Honda Oil. I ran dino oil when I bought it, then changed that out and went back with dino oil, then switched to Honda Full Synthetic. I am pleased with my decision. The more important factor than oil is how often you check, change, and do your filter and oil changes.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Back when I raced very good mechanic told me in some instances full synthetic was "too slick" and that some engines had bearing problems because the bearings weren't spinning. They all rotated around the shaft but some werent spinning. They would get flat spots. Thought I'd throw it out there. However I did put Honda full synthetic in at the first oil change.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cavediver

Cavediver

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2016
Seminole FL
Ownership

1. 500
Yup Ya all have confirmed exactly what I thought I already knew!
I am a big fan of synthetics and am confident they promote longevity once an engine has been properly "broken-in".
Change it early and often and live to ride another day.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!