Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wed... 9am... Tacket creek ride.
All-day adventure NOT for the newbie or faint of heart.
Need 2g of "just in case" gas per machine... Don't plan to really need it.
Need lunch and maybe dinner. Could be dark before we return.
9am... From Royal Blue Wed June 2nd...
Can arrange meet point for those from Eagle rock to eliminate backtracking.

Must be prepared. There is no easy way back.
Goal is to NOT break anything. We will winch vs "sending it".
I know difficulty is relative to the rider...
There will be spots that require teamwork to get past.

Limited group...
PM me if interested.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I'd be in if I could, but then the family would have to ride down with my parents and my wife being stuck in a vehicle with my mom for 5 hours wouldn't be a good start to the weekend. LOL.

Interested in hearing how the route goes, I'd like to hit several of those places Sunday with my group. I've been looking at routes to go up to Hole in the wall and then back to V-notch and the standard stops(Cabin, sand cave, overlook). Any idea what Tornado Alley is like? How difficult would it be to go up? I can't seem to find much info on it.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'd be in if I could, but then the family would have to ride down with my parents and my wife being stuck in a vehicle with my mom for 5 hours wouldn't be a good start to the weekend. LOL.

Interested in hearing how the route goes, I'd like to hit several of those places Sunday with my group. I've been looking at routes to go up to Hole in the wall and then back to V-notch and the standard stops(Cabin, sand cave, overlook). Any idea what Tornado Alley is like? How difficult would it be to go up? I can't seem to find much info on it.

View attachment 273756
The time I came up hells canyon, we went down tornado alley 2 years ago. It only had one bad spot that I remember back then. I'm not sure why they call tornado alley unless something major has changed since then. I'm sure it has.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
The time I came up hells canyon, we went down tornado alley 2 years ago. It only had one bad spot that I remember back then. I'm not sure why they call tornado alley unless something major has changed since then. I'm sure it has.
Thanks, Planning on going up it Sunday of Takeover. You in?

I've never done No Business and won't be doing it this trip either.

Last edited:
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wed... 9am... Tacket creek ride.
All-day adventure NOT for the newbie or faint of heart.
Need 2g of "just in case" gas per machine... Don't plan to really need it.
Need lunch and maybe dinner. Could be dark before we return.
9am... From Royal Blue Wed June 2nd...
Can arrange meet point for those from Eagle rock to eliminate backtracking.

Must be prepared. There is no easy way back.
Goal is to NOT break anything. We will winch vs "sending it".
I know difficulty is relative to the rider...
There will be spots that require teamwork to get past.

Limited group...
PM me if interested.
If I had know about this sooner, I would have made plans to leave Tues, instead of Weds.

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Back in late 80s/early 90s tornado came through the valley in Frakes and across Fonde mountain right down Cumberland avenue in the middle of Middlesbrough destroying most of the businesses. I can remember seeing barn roofs in Frakes twisted like tin foil. Looked like a bulldozer trail through town

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Tacketts Creek was a mining company (consolidated coal) and the valley had a railway from the coal loadout to highway 190 at pruden Tennessee (valley creek) we ran rail buggy and Jeep’s in the pre- side x side era

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!