Tackett Creek... Wed, 9am... @HondaSxS Early Bird ride

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
My dad worked there until it closed sometime around 1990.
They had a euc (big dump truck) that hauled slate and was 2 lanes wide. The road had lights and sirens every 2 or 300 yards , when the light and sirens came on you had better be out of the way,that thing blocked the sun and shook the ground

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
They had a euc (big dump truck) that hauled slate and was 2 lanes wide. The road had lights and sirens every 2 or 300 yards , when the light and sirens came on you had better be out of the way,that thing blocked the sun and shook the ground
I remember 1 of the guys that drove the dump truck. Best I remember his name was Wilbur.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
20210525 21463420210525 214617
I was born in 74 so I know these pictures had to be taken in the late 70s at the tackett creek mines. My old man worked 40 years In different coal mines and was proud as hell of what he did. He was outside mostly at tackett creek for the 20+ years he was there but black lung still got him in his 70s.
20210525 215243

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wed... 9am... Tacket creek ride.
All-day adventure NOT for the newbie or faint of heart.
Need 2g of "just in case" gas per machine... Don't plan to really need it.
Need lunch and maybe dinner. Could be dark before we return.
9am... From Royal Blue Wed June 2nd...
Can arrange meet point for those from Eagle rock to eliminate backtracking.

Must be prepared. There is no easy way back.
Goal is to NOT break anything. We will winch vs "sending it".
I know difficulty is relative to the rider...
There will be spots that require teamwork to get past.

Limited group...
PM me if interested.
Sounds intriguing…. I do like No Business however … wonder how the rain has treated the top part …

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
View attachment 273902View attachment 273903
I was born in 74 so I know these pictures had to be taken in the late 70s at the tackett creek mines. My old man worked 40 years In different coal mines and was proud as hell of what he did. He was outside mostly at tackett creek for the 20+ years he was there but black lung still got him in his 70s.View attachment 273904
Awesome pictures. Sorry to hear that about your dad. He had to be a tough SOB to work like that for that long. Definitely don't see much of that any more.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sounds intriguing…. I do like No Business however … wonder how the rain has treated the top part …
It's rutted really bad. Neighbor insisted I take him so he could try out his 35" tires he just put on his Can Am X3, he ended up ripping off his mirrors, extended mud flaps, and gouged a hole in the door all just going down No Business a month ago. We get to the bottom and I said now you want to do Hells Canyon. He said F no get me outta here. LoL I didn't tear anything up, wife was with me said, I think he's pissed at himself. 🤣

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It's rutted really bad. Neighbor insisted I take him so he could try out his 35" tires he just put on his Can Am X3, he ended up ripping off his mirrors, extended mud flaps, and gouged a hole in the door all just going down No Business a month ago. We get to the bottom and I said now you want to do Hells Canyon. He said F no get me outta here. LoL I didn't tear anything up, wife was with me said, I think he's pissed at himself. 🤣
I met your neighbor in the can-am at the flame 3 weeks ago. Lol

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol, I wondered how the top section was looking after the rain and traffic. I assume that is where you are talking about on No business. The rock section will beat on you good and I have had to winch at least once each time I went up.. of course that last time I rode a rock to a 90° stop and look straight up stance lol.

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is anyone going to do Tackett on Friday? I plan to go, but have never been there. So would prefer to go with a group or at least one other machine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!