highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I have a continuously growing and re-prioritizing list of Talon projects to work on. As a creative, I have to be mindful of customer feedback and product requests. I also have to design when inspiration hits making a quick turnaround from idea to product! Per many customer requests I am currently working on a pair of Talon driver seat risers that also move the seat back for more room. Before this goes into production there are a few dimensions still to verify and overall installation procedures carefully considered for the design. This is very close though. You are invited to provide feedback during the final stages of development.

The design parameters are:
  • Aluminum construction, will be powder coated
  • Two options for seat location at 20mm and 40mm further back than stock
  • Mounts between the seat base and the seat slider
  • 1.5" tall front and back
Edit: updated the image.

Talon driver seat riser v16

Last edited:
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I have a continuously growing and re-prioritizing list of Talon projects to work on. As a creative, I have to be mindful of customer feedback and product requests. I also have to design when inspiration hits making a quick turnaround from idea to product! Per many customer requests I am currently working on a pair of Talon driver seat risers that also move the seat back for more room. Before this goes into production there are a few dimensions still to verify and overall installation procedures carefully considered for the design. This is very close though. You are invited to provide feedback during the final stages of development.

View attachment 411960
I need a set of these for both seats. Let me know when available.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I need a set of these for both seats. Let me know when available.
The metal shop has my cad model so I'm hoping next week (before christmas) they will make a pair for me to test fit on the driver side.

The passenger side may be more challenging but I'll get some fresh scans to work with and see what I can do.

Reactions: TimG
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
The metal shop has my cad model so I'm hoping next week (before christmas) they will make a pair for me to test fit on the driver side.

The passenger side may be more challenging but I'll get some fresh scans to work with and see what I can do.
I will wait for ya, just let me know and I will take a set.

Reactions: Tramguage1
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I spent the weekend refining the design and checking some off the measurements. This is the file going to the fabricator today. Once I get a set to test fit I'll be able to evaluate installation. The large windows I'm certain will be necessary for installation. I added small windows purely for esthetics. Looks pretty cool.
Talon driver seat riser v23

Reactions: CID and TimG
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Added a simple blog post to the website about the Talon seat risers. After the new driver side riser is ready for sale, I'll do something for that too.

Reactions: TimG and CID
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I’m very happy with the way these turned out. This first set was bent sheet metal. Production pieces will have to be laser cut aluminum square tube. I’ve got RFQ’s out to my usual intake tube guys and a couple other shops. It will take at least 4 weeks to get these made in bulk and ready to ship.

The option to set the seat setback at 20mm or 40mm will make a good selling feature. First time setting on these at 40mm I felt like I was in a car! The leg room was nice. At 40 mm the driver seat matches the passenger seat well. Uploading pictures with the next post.

Reactions: CID and TimG
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
My estimate at this time for shipping would be end of January/ early February. Nothing definite until I get quotes back. My intake tubes are consistently delivered at 3-4 weeks from Wisconsin.

Reactions: TimG
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV

View attachment 411960
Please put me down for a set for driver side and a regular set for the passenger side. Let me know when ready and I'll call and pay. :).

Thanks,
WB

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Getting close to availability. I've built and had powder coated an initial supply of seat riser rails to ship with more ready to weld. I'm waiting on the arrival of a hardware order later this week or early next week before I'll be able to begin shipping.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Getting close to availability. I've built and had powder coated an initial supply of seat riser rails to ship with more ready to weld. I'm waiting on the arrival of a hardware order later this week or early next week before I'll be able to begin shipping.
@WillyBill

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Finally got these listed in the store. Pre-production sets are cnc laser cut and cnc bent, welded and powder coated until my manufacturer can deliver the laser cut square tube versions. These are made locally so delivery is quicker. The square tube version are expected late March. The tube version is mainly to relieve me of welding all of these things.

Seat risers are my second best selling parts, behind the intake kits. I think I'm still the only person making Talon specific seat risers.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Got my Talon driver seat riser rails and passenger riser cubes. Can't wait to get them installed, along with the floor drain covers and the 10-80 trail trash bag. Needs to warm up!

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Finally got these listed in the store. Pre-production sets are cnc laser cut and cnc bent, welded and powder coated until my manufacturer can deliver the laser cut square tube versions. These are made locally so delivery is quicker. The square tube version are expected late March. The tube version is mainly to relieve me of welding all of these things.

Seat risers are my second best selling parts, behind the intake kits. I think I'm still the only person making Talon specific seat risers.

My new riser set arrived yesterday evening. Installing today! Nice product! Just what We needed as nwe are a tall family.
Thanks highpocket74!!!

WB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!