Talon Talon Air Box and Sock Filter

rbtnt

rbtnt

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Talon X
Would a washable Uni Filter sock clamped to the inlet tube of the air box help keep the air filter clean?

Air Cleaner Box2

Reactions: BWAF
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Yes it will help but you may have to clean it after every ride. Install the largest one that will fit. I use the 3 inch id x 6 inch for my under roof location. Got 6,340 miles and may have to clean it at 7,500 miles. UNI UP6325ST 2 stage pod. Huck did it but it got dirty after about 100 miles. He has a under roof location now.

T

THUNDERMAN

Jun 22, 2019
SW VA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Some people are putting the UFI-UP-6300AST uni filter inside the airbox on the inlet nipple. Even though this is not the way the filter is designed to flow the air it is said to help longivity of the factory air filter.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
You can try something like I did here. It keeps the filter clean for 250+ miles between cleaning...

Pre Filter

Reactions: Mikehallad
jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I opted for the Uni prefilter option. I can't really report out on long-term success/failure at this point in time since the dust in the Midwest isn't too bad in the winter months.

Here are links to what I used:

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B002OKFTVE/?tag=sxsweb24-20

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B0022ZN68Y/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Here's a video overview of what I've done that I just added to my channel:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!