Talon Owner to be

V

Vinnie11

Mar 10, 2021
Eastern NC
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hi Everyone,

I have ordered a TalonX, Live valve, waiting for it to coming in next month. I am located in eastern NC, never owned a SXS, but I've had a Foreman since 2005. I don't do a lot of riding, but mostly clean trails, not looking for mud or rocks. Been to Hatfield McCoy a few times, green and blue trail rider :) The Talon is so that my wife can ride with me, back problems prevent her from driving an ATV. Possibly making a trip to Maine this summer with the Foreman.

I plan to do a few mods to the Talon, mainly around wiring a winch (because I happen to have one in the box) and a some extra lights, possibly a aux battery. Im currently trying to understand the concept of the battery isolator, understand some of the concept, but not 100percent. Found this site over the weekend and began ordering some parts! Hopefully, I can get most of the parts by the time the machine comes in. Sticker shock on Honda accessories!!! Glad to see there are lots of aftermarket vendors.

Anyway, looks like this site is chocked full of good folks and good info. Look forward to perusing the topics.

-Vinnie

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Welcome to the site from da U.P. of Michigan. You're in the right place, congrats on the new rig!

Reactions: JenElio
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. :cool:

The link in my sig will take you to some basic Talon Tidbits.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hi Everyone,

I have ordered a TalonX, Live valve, waiting for it to coming in next month. I am located in eastern NC, never owned a SXS, but I've had a Foreman since 2005. I don't do a lot of riding, but mostly clean trails, not looking for mud or rocks. Been to Hatfield McCoy a few times, green and blue trail rider :) The Talon is so that my wife can ride with me, back problems prevent her from driving an ATV. Possibly making a trip to Maine this summer with the Foreman.

I plan to do a few mods to the Talon, mainly around wiring a winch (because I happen to have one in the box) and a some extra lights, possibly a aux battery. Im currently trying to understand the concept of the battery isolator, understand some of the concept, but not 100percent. Found this site over the weekend and began ordering some parts! Hopefully, I can get most of the parts by the time the machine comes in. Sticker shock on Honda accessories!!! Glad to see there are lots of aftermarket vendors.

Anyway, looks like this site is chocked full of good folks and good info. Look forward to perusing the topics.

-Vinnie
Cool, welcome to the forum. You’ll like that Talon XLV....😊

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Congratulations and looking forward to the pictures

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Another welcome from The Great Lakes State.

Don't forget the pics once you pick it up.

#NTC

advertisement
V

Vinnie11

Mar 10, 2021
Eastern NC
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks for the welcome guys! Looks like members are from all over the country. I noted when I ordered my parts that the address is in NC, so I assumed this group was more NC oriented, but glad to see such a broad state membership. I think HondaSxS showed a location of Charlotte, which is about 5 hours away from me.

So, it appears the website is for Honda and related SxS parts, plus this forum for members? Just trying to understand the relationship.

I am only getting a spare tire with the Talon, at first. I am staying stock mostly, then adding bumpers, windshields and some extra lights. I can almost hear the hard core riders laughing that I actually ordered a factory Honda spare, because I know the first upgrade many people do is tires and wheels :)

-Vinnie

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the forum from Canton, OH
Pics or it didn't happen.
Red is the fastest color.

#NTC

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hi Everyone,

-Vinnie
Note that the Talon X has been reported to ride like an empty dump truck. :oops: So when your wife says it rides rough, she's telling the truth. @TerryH has worked with Bandit to come up with a spring set for his X, but he carries a bit of weight in gear so his spring rate might not be perfect unless your Mrs. will be loaded with the day's beer load. Terry has been very happy with Bandit's willingness to work on the proper solution for him.

My shocks are headed for Weller Racing for a revalve and springs if they can fit me in when I'm down there in a few weeks. The Talon R doesn't ride as 'firmly' as the X but it's still getting shock work.

A quick solution is to disconnect the sway bar for an improvement in ride quality.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hi Everyone,

-Vinnie
WELCOME from NW Arkansas! Ride safe!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!