H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
From my buddy at Honda. I just love this Honda Happy Talk. We have known about the sport model for a few years but the Honda guys can't talk about it and I don't ask. This web site is great for Honda info. BTW the 2020 Pioneer's have been CARB certified.

https:/www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/ofhrv/ofmcatv_comply/2020/2020.php

"You will love the Talon R Bob!
I rode it all day in the desert on Monday.
The power and suspension are sooo very good."

I'm getting the first one my dealer gets in April.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yep, I can't wait myself. But Don't think I will be picking one up any time soon.

I been watching the CARB site for a while but stopped checking once the Talon CARB's hit.
With the 2020 Pioneers already listed that must mean ZERO changes to the current setup.
Which is ok. I guess.
Maybe BOLD NEW COLORS! haha. Love those phrases.

Good luck with your talon adventures. You know we going to need some pictures out and about.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Nice to here of some recent Talon information. Can't wait to hear real owner experiences especially from those who had considerable miles in a P1K.

RideRed85

RideRed85

Jan 23, 2019
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
Yup, good to hear some happy talk.

Reactions: BWAF
ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep, I can't wait myself. But Don't think I will be picking one up any time soon.

I been watching the CARB site for a while but stopped checking once the Talon CARB's hit.
With the 2020 Pioneers already listed that must mean ZERO changes to the current setup.
Which is ok. I guess.
Maybe BOLD NEW COLORS! haha. Love those phrases.

Good luck with your talon adventures. You know we going to need some pictures out and about.

Rumor has it the 2020 africa twin is getting bumped to a 1098cc and a newer version of the dct. How long before the pioneer sees that?

Reactions: BWAF and Plumber32
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Rumor has it the 2020 africa twin is getting bumped to a 1098cc and a newer version of the dct. How long before the pioneer sees that?

The UTV industry pretty much agreed to limit engine size to 1000 CC max, anything larger will be considered a dune buggy by Kalifornia standards, so there may very well be a 1200 Africa Twin, but probably with most certainty wont be in a SXS

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The UTV industry pretty much agreed to limit engine size to 1000 CC max, anything larger will be considered a dune buggy by Kalifornia standards, so there may very well be a 1200 Africa Twin, but probably with most certainty wont be in a SXS

ROHVA standards limit SXS to 1000cc. The manufacturers agreed to this standard when Recreational Off Highway Vehicle Association was established. I'm an ATV safety instructor and considering becoming a ROHVA instructor and that's about the first thing their packet explains. Turbo and possibly supercharger will be the only way the manufacturers will increase HP.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV

Very interesting did you happens to see the spec's? is bore only, or did they add stroke?
a big bore turbo charged Talon sound like fun. :)

S

spudd74

Sep 17, 2013
N.W. Pa.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Can’t stop watching all the different YouTube videos!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!