PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Did y'all do "The Pickle" on 3D? We watched a full size Ram break a front driveshaft on that Wednesday. I opted out in our rented KRX 😌
It was on my list but unfortunately personal circumstances prevented any further riding for me. Next time I will do the rest of the 7 ranked trails and work my way down the rest of the 6 list too.

Isn't that what rented machines are for??? ;)

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Moab Rim was substantially more challenging and hazardous than Golden Spike IMO. I would put it at a 8. Given there were only 5 seriously built jeeps (and the Land Rover that was attempting it when we left) on the entire trail the whole time we were on it Saturday when Hells Revenge was packed says a lot to me.
I think there were more people on foot than in vehicles on Moab Rim and all the off camber and cliff drops made me quite nervous. My Clinometer alarms went off on this trail multiple times and never on any of the other trails (not even when climbing Hell's Gate). One wrong move could result in a 500+ foot drop into the Colorado. It was a 7.5+ on the pucker factor scale for sure. This was the only trail that made my hands literally sweat on the wheel (both on the way up and back down). I honestly don't think I will try this one again.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I think there were more people on foot than in vehicles on Moab Rim and all the off camber and cliff drops made me quite nervous. My Clinometer alarms went off on this trail multiple times and never on any of the other trails (not even when climbing Hell's Gate). One wrong move could result in a 500+ foot drop into the Colorado. It was a 7.5+ on the pucker factor scale for sure. This was the only trail that made my hands literally sweat on the wheel (both on the way up and back down). I honestly don't think I will try this one again.
Dear @Lil_Steve , please DO NOT think I'll be accompanying you on this ride. :oops: :oops: :oops: 👎👎👎

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Mudwing and PaulF
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Dear @Lil_Steve , please DO NOT think I'll be accompanying you on this ride. :oops: :oops: :oops: 👎👎👎

That's funny, all I want to do after reading this is go ride Moab Rim!

• Haha
Reactions: Mudwing
T

TMCCOY

Nov 18, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Thought I'd include this pic of when I 1st enjoyed Moab in 1997 during the Easter Jeep safari. We had 4 Wheel & Offroad photographer in our group and he snapped this pic on Moab Rim of me in my 'Yota. It ran 35's, 5.29 gears, lockers F&R, 4.70 Transfer case for 98:1 1st gear. Moab Rim is more challenging now I do believe.

IMG 3362

T

TMCCOY

Nov 18, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Moab was fun for UTV's while it lasted and it still may be for some time, but the local representatives and who knows who behind them are pushing hard to restrict UTV's. Most of the businesses protesting UTV's are climing or biking related. See below for a summary from the council meeting yesterday:

"So the meeting in Moab today didn’t go in UTV owners favor. Below is some bullet points from the meeting but I’ll create this post for folks that were there or that watched it live to contribute. Here’s basically what went down:
  • Moratorium targeting new UTV businesses and UTV Special Events.
  • New speed limits specifically for UTVs in Moab City and Grand County.
  • Moab City is lobbying for a local's only permitting system. All others would need to trailer their machines to trails.
  • Moab City’s Mayor led the charge against the UTV Community. She doesn’t want you there.
The fight continues, in order to make these changes they need to change state law with state legislators. We need to make sure our legislators know this plan isn’t acceptable.

We were hoping for a sensible compromise to address key issues and help the locals with the noise issue. That didn’t happen. Instead they discredited others opinions and pushed forward with their own agenda."

• Angry
Reactions: TripleB and CID
J

JTW

Moab was fun for UTV's while it lasted and it still may be for some time, but the local representatives and who knows who behind them are pushing hard to restrict UTV's. Most of the businesses protesting UTV's are climing or biking related. See below for a summary from the council meeting yesterday:

"So the meeting in Moab today didn’t go in UTV owners favor. Below is some bullet points from the meeting but I’ll create this post for folks that were there or that watched it live to contribute. Here’s basically what went down:
  • Moratorium targeting new UTV businesses and UTV Special Events.
  • New speed limits specifically for UTVs in Moab City and Grand County.
  • Moab City is lobbying for a local's only permitting system. All others would need to trailer their machines to trails.
  • Moab City’s Mayor led the charge against the UTV Community. She doesn’t want you there.
The fight continues, in order to make these changes they need to change state law with state legislators. We need to make sure our legislators know this plan isn’t acceptable.

We were hoping for a sensible compromise to address key issues and help the locals with the noise issue. That didn’t happen. Instead they discredited others opinions and pushed forward with their own agenda."
f***ing stupid liberals! But in fairness.... there are a lot of f***ing idiots on and renting sxs too

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There was quite a hippie scene out there. We kind of got a chuckle out of all the signs that said you needed to bag up your "human waste" and dog waste- take it out when camping due to the way it effects soil ph, but we saw multiple people showering with body wash in the rivers and streams 🤣.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
f***ing stupid liberals! But in fairness.... there are a lot of f***ing idiots on and renting sxs too
Like motorcycling and law enforcement, SxSs draw some real duds. I was an ambassador for motorcycling for 50 years (good behavior, nothing legal) because I knew the general public wanted 'us' gone. It'll be the same thing for my SxS riding, trying to leave the best impression I can including a stock, quiet exhaust. Our biggest enemy is noise, people simply HATE hearing others having fun.

I was camped with the camper door open, a SxS rider came by and burned donuts right outside my open door, the wind was blowing directly at me - dips***. :mad:

I k6MJ7F9 M

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL

Yep freaking libtards ruin everything..... And I mean everything! Awesome hard-working Americans enjoy all these outdoorsy hard-working events and attractions. It ends up becoming the tough manly thing to be a part of and sure enough all the kitty ass libtards come wanting a piece of the action and then they push and push and push until they take over making it a big pile of liberal crap. Happened in Colorado which is why good companies like Magpul left. Texas, Tennessee, and many more are currently at risk. All the libtards are starting to move there. Ruining a perfectly good free state! I live in Illinois and the only worst state than mine is California!

And yes there still are a lot of idiots ruining it for us too.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!