Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You replaced three clutches on a Honda Talon already? Oh wait no that's right I forgot You guys are still talking about pioneers and that comparison to

The talon and pioneer have the same dct. The talon has the same issues with low gear failure. Low and reverse still aren't low enough in the talon. Had those issues been fixed, and given better rear geometry, the talon would be great.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You can say you're not a fanboy but your lips are so puckered up on the balls hanging down that you can't even see what you're hanging off of!

Why don't you guys give the Honda Talon members the same respect that we give the KRX membership. Stay on your forum and we're staying on ours.

You must be a f***ing liberal. Say someone is kissing balls then cry about not getting any respect. Real piece of work. Bet you're real proud of yourself.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
The talon and pioneer have the same dct. The talon has the same issues with low gear failure. Low and reverse still aren't low enough in the talon. Had those issues been fixed, and given better rear geometry, the talon would be great.

I agree on the low gear problem and wish the shifting design was different, but the reality is a $50 shift plate and monitoring your shift cable and that problem is basically non-existent.

Reactions: Blownzuki
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
You must be a f***ing liberal. Say someone is kissing balls then cry about not getting any respect. Real piece of work. Bet you're real proud of yourself.

Funny but I was just thinking the exact same thing about you!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Be nice also if it came from the factory with,
Arched A Arms,
Full Skidplate,
Larger tire and wheel package,
Better Factory accessory package
Better gauge setup
Just to name a few

all of witch are standard on the KRX and Rmax

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yup... I do admit I sometimes miss my paddles. BUT... People talk all this s*** about the belts all the time. It’s waaay smoother power transfer. And I had waaaay more issues with the clutches in my dct than I have this belt, and that’s at 3 times the miles on the belt. There’s also a lot to be said for how easy and cheap it is to replace a belt trail side. I can carry a belt with me... who carries a clutch pack? And let’s not forget the Honda low gear issue that we’ll start seeing more and more of.

@CumminsPusher how many clutch packs did you put in your last machine?
Just caught this.
Ya more then several in the one machine. I openly admit that. That one machine always shifted soft and come to find out the intake boot was loose which I contribute to the multiple failures. It was a Honda qc issue.
Now to be fair neither of the other machines I’ve had was problematic in that way and thank God Honda addresses issues without government mandate like some lol.
It really isn’t bad to change a clutch and luckily I believe those days are over for me and the vast majority. I like the geared machine well enough I took another stab at it and am glad I did. Nearly jumped ship to Yami for my personal machine but happy to say I’m back with Honda and truly love my machine.
I posted this elsewhere but there aren’t too many machines that’ll pull over 3 times their weight through muddy ass trails miles back to camp. I know the Polaris belt brigade that called me over to help were very impressed with the farm rig. Both tugging their Jeep buddy and riding trails in which all turned around back to camp behind us. Clutches sure held up good doing that stuff along with quite a bit of other sketch stuff. I like my Honda, it gets me where I need to go nowadays just fine

5C46EC9A 5D23 4B69 A211 6D3EC3AD1F0B
19AF81B6 41E3 4198 ADFC 1FD53AB4064C

Last edited:
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You replaced three clutches on a Honda Talon already? Oh wait no that's right I forgot You guys are still talking about pioneers and that comparison to

As I've said in many other threads the KRX is not a bad machine but it is not the answer to every Honda Talon problem. It has some things that it does better and it has some things that it does worse. But for you guys to throw out the completely insane idiotic claims that you have about the KRX and its superiority to every other brand is ridiculous. You can say you're not a fanboy but your lips are so puckered up on the balls hanging down that you can't even see what you're hanging off of!

Why don't you guys give the Honda Talon members the same respect that we give the KRX membership. Stay on your forum and we're staying on ours.
Lol. They’re both Richard’s forums TBH.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everyone he’s saying are krx fanboys all still own Honda’s as well. Judging from the interaction stats on the members pages, the krx guys have been much more engaged members on this forum than @Hometeam I really wanted to want a talon. I was at the Honda store when the very first load got unloaded and @my99svt picked his up. I just couldn’t bring myself to like it enough to purchase it. Fast forward almost a year and I own a krx. It fits my needs and didn’t need anywhere near the money a Honda needs to make it handle the trails I like. If the Honda of the 80’s was still around and they wanted to be the best in the industry, a lot more people would like them. As it sits Honda doesn’t care about being #1,2or 3 at anything. They are comfortable selling scooters in third world countries and economy cars.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Everyone he’s saying are krx fanboys all still own Honda’s as well. Judging from the interaction stats on the members pages, the krx guys have been much more engaged members on this forum than @Hometeam I really wanted to want a talon. I was at the Honda store when the very first load got unloaded and @my99svt picked his up. I just couldn’t bring myself to like it enough to purchase it. Fast forward almost a year and I own a krx. It fits my needs and didn’t need anywhere near the money a Honda needs to make it handle the trails I like. If the Honda of the 80’s was still around and they wanted to be the best in the industry, a lot more people would like them. As it sits Honda doesn’t care about being #1,2or 3 at anything. They are comfortable selling scooters in third world countries and economy cars.
You and I are close to the same height, how's the visibility out of the KRX? And the new KRX guys did a lot of experimenting on the P1's, that saved us a lot of money and time.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You and I are close to the same height, how's the visibility out of the KRX? And the new KRX guys did a lot of experimenting on the P1's, that saved us a lot of money and time.

I’m not sure we are the same height. Lol. Either way vision is great for higher speed driving. The front fenders are a little tall for picking your line when your right on top of something but they had to be raised for the up travel. Would be very easy to raise the seat if needed though.4 bolts on the seat sliders and some longer bolts and spacers.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’m not sure we are the same height. Lol. Either way vision is great for higher speed driving. The front fenders are a little tall for picking your line when your right on top of something but they had to be raised for the up travel. Would be very easy to raise the seat if needed though.4 bolts on the seat sliders and some longer bolts and spacers.
And it's very nice to have access to the knowledge they have on the P1's

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Have any of you considered a CF Moto though? 😂 🤣
Yep, there was a Dealer 2 miles from the house that I would drive by a couple days a week, they had sitting out side and looked good from afar, stoped in one day for a closer look and that was close enough for me.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I’m just amazed he found a woman that would.... I mean I guess if you’re retarded you can pull that sympathy twat!

Yep! And she is one beautiful, smart, hilarious amazing woman that I have been married to for 19 years! And she definitely is the better half! But let's be real honest here JTW if you're married, it's pretty obvious that your wife is the better half too! ;) :p

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yep! And she is one beautiful, smart, hilarious amazing woman that I have been married to for 19 years! And she definitely is the better half! But let's be real honest here JTW if you're married, it's pretty obvious that your wife is the better half too! ;) :p
His ol lady is great. Actually not a bad guy either once you hit the trails with the dumb bastard. Fun guy and does a good job of helping others out. You’d be surprised actually meeting him.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!