BOX1

Talon storage options poll

Which storage option listed below would you most like to see made avaible for purchase?

• X4 rear seat aluminum replacement expedition style box, full opening lid (XL capacity)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Hot of the wire this morning. Aluminum X4-p box in fab! It’s upside down in this pic.
4AC333C8 4813 490C ADCF F6EB092A60AD

JS45

JS45

Jul 23, 2020
Fla
Ownership

1. Talon R
What does everyone plan on putting in the storage box??!! I like it but dont** have an** x4

Last edited:
Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Will a 5 point Simpson harness get in the way of the under seat box? I like the designs of the under the seat metal box.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
What does everyone plan on putting in the storage box??!! I like it but not have x4
My plan with developing these boxes has always been to empty the glove box of things I don't normally need quick access to by storing them under the seat. In my case that would include: Warn winch remote, tree saver strap, shackle, small tool kit, first aid kit, tire plug kit. This frees up my glove box for phones!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Will a 5 point Simpson harness get in the way of the under seat box? I like the designs of the under the seat metal box.
I've looked at pictures but can't answer this definatley. I'd say if you have the factory seats with removable cushions then you should have no problem with access. If the harness straps allow removal of the seat cushion, then you should be able to access the storage box hatch.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Good news! The 6” opening will work for the driver side seat boxes. The only trick is that the seat has to be a little further back than in this pic to release the lever. Most of the opening is clear for access. No problem getting the lever hatch open.

Edit: This is the X4 driver seat box with a capacity of 11 QT.

View attachment 259556
Finally had time this weekend to take the X2-d box prototype, which is similar to the X4-d box shown here with 6" hatch, and cut the original 4" hatch opening to 6" and install the larger hatch. This is a huge access improvement! Even thought this box is small because of space limitations, the 6" hatch provides much better access and allows for larger items to be placed inside the box. I'm definitely keeping the prototype for me and using it!

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Very nice. I think this would be helpful.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I had two X2 driver seat boxes cut out of 16ga steel for me to weld up since the shop is so backed up right now. I can get steel cut quicker that aluminum. The steel should work fine for the small driver side boxes for X2 and X4. It’s a little cheaper than aluminum right now too.

That got me thinking...would anyone here be interested in a box kit to build yourself? I would supply the metal cut to fit and all the parts for assembly and installation. You will have to weld up the pieces yourself and have powder coated.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
These are the parts I had cut for the 2 boxes. They are notched for assembly alignment.
BA00BC21 EC3C 4C88 A1C3 E08B07050C5F

BB2AB96D D777 4BAE 951D 2CD879DF6387

Fully assembled on the welding table parts easily snap together with the alignment tabs. Every part is drawn in cad then laser cut for a precise and tight fit.
This project would be easy to build.
CF646915 C2DF 4E89 A373 83AD21D9159D

B97EB377 8BE3 4827 A65C 8C7A23EEC5A0

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
That got me thinking...would anyone here be interested in a box kit to build yourself? I would supply the metal cut to fit and all the parts for assembly and installation. You will have to weld up the pieces yourself and have powder coated.
That would not appeal to me. So are you saying that they won’t be available in aluminum any longer....🤔

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
The steel boxes are an experiment in fabrication. I can and will still offer in aluminum, assembled or Unassembled. Not everyone has aluminum welding tools so in that case steel would be better. I’m just thinking so many owners are DIY guys and gals, why not offer a build kit?

I prefer aluminum for the environment it’s subjected too. Steel would be a cheaper option.
The biggest box for X4 passenger seat will only be aluminum due to size and weight.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I’m trying to think outside the box here and offer something different to customers if they are interested. It’d be fun like building a model airplane or rocket. The customer gets the satisfaction of building something with their hands, not only a bolt on accessory.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
I had two X2 driver seat boxes cut out of 16ga steel for me to weld up since the shop is so backed up right now. I can get steel cut quicker that aluminum. The steel should work fine for the small driver side boxes for X2 and X4. It’s a little cheaper than aluminum right now too.

Very interested.

In aluminum kit form.

X4 passenger and drivers box. 😏

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Very interested.

In aluminum kit form.

X4 passenger and drivers box. 😏
Noted. Thank you for the input. I’ll check with my shop guys next week for making this happen with aluminum for all size boxes. This will probably be .100” aluminum because that’s what they normally use so it’s on site.

i have the X4 drivers box drawn for this cutting but not the passenger box yet. That one will take a little more time with the mounting tabs.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Guys, I'm working diligently to finalize the designs, source all the parts, and work out pricing for my Talon boxes. Made some major headway this week too. The boxes will be available as DYI kits and turnkey finsihed products. The DYI kits look like they will be kinda fun to make. I've had fun assembling the 16ga steel box I had for testing! The laser cutter at the shop has a kerf of 0.008" and is dean on accurate!! The tester steel box took 5 mins to assemble and have tacked up!! Seems like many handy type people will enjoy this rather easy project. All the thought has been put into the design, all the parts will be included. It will be like building a model car or air plane!!

I've update the product information on my website if anyone is interested in reading. I don't have good photos yet but will add those as soon as this ramps up.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!