Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Look man I honestly can't tell if you're trying to troll or just don't know, but why is the KRX almost 400lbs heavier than the Talon? Does that make it the better machine? The reality of both stock cages is they're not very good. I'm going to play devils advocate for fun though, the X3's cage has a huge amount of triangulation in it, lots of gussets, and roof bars the talon does not. Of course, being as knowledgeable as you clearly are, you know triangulation is the strongest shape know to man.
Triangulation, sounds like an engineering pyramid scheme 😆

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Triangulation, sounds like an engineering pyramid scheme 😆
20200509 230442

20200511 001840

20200503 225647

Not quite....

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Honda has the worst cage of any sxs and im a honda NUT. But even ill admit they dropped the ball on their sxs.
There isn't a single SxS on the planet that comes with a proper roll cage based on how fast they go. Speed UTV's being the exception, if anyone ever actually gets one....

If the aftermarket cage doesn't have triangulation built into it to prevent it from folding sideways it's also useless. Don't be fooled by the ".120 wall DOM tube" statements these aftermarket cage manufacturers tout about. Doesn't matter what it's built out of if it's designed wrong in the first place.... People buying cages need to realize that in order to make it as safe as possible some comfort compromises need to be made. A vertical bar from the bend in the A pillar down to the frame rail would go along way in keeping the front of the cage from caving in. Doors could still open, it would just be a matter of swinging your feet and legs around a bar.

My cage is built out of 1.75" x .095 DOM, 1.75" x .083 cro-mo, 1.75" x .065 DOM and 1.5" x .095 DOM. Not a single piece of .120 wall in it and I have no problem trusting my life with it in the event of a high speed or multiple roll crash. I also designed and built it myself, having years of experience building circle track chassis, so I know it's done right.

advertisement
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!