Talon vs X3

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Any talons with 50k on them yet? This one has original motor, diffs, etc. View attachment 292233
Actually there is a rental company in Tennessee (I believe) that has a couple Talons all with miles over 30k. A guy posted one or some with around 50k. So yeah it will make it and a guy with over 40k, on this site, on his Pioneer in Tennessee. Sorry but there are more Hondas running around with miles than Can Am's.....even a blind squirrel will find a nut every once in a while!!
The only thing the Can Am is "more capable" of right now is power and sand dunes....but yet the slow ass Honda is still winning some pretty big races without the power!!! Go figure!! Lol.

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Actually there is a rental company in Tennessee (I believe) that has a couple Talons all with miles over 30k. A guy posted one or some with around 50k. So yeah it will make it and a guy with over 40k, on this site, on his Pioneer in Tennessee. Sorry but there are more Hondas running around with miles than Can Am's.....even a blind squirrel will find a nut every once in a while!!
The only thing the Can Am is "more capable" of right now is power and sand dunes....but yet the slow ass Honda is still winning some pretty big races without the power!!! Go figure!! Lol.

And we go from intelligent discussion to blatant fanboyism in one post!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Actually there is a rental company in Tennessee (I believe) that has a couple Talons all with miles over 30k.
Yep, it's called Exorent in Pigeon Forge and a good friend of mine owns it. I hooked him up with Brian at 10-80 Dirt Sports so he could buy some low delete shifter plates for his rentals like I have in my racecar. The only problems he ever had with those 2 rentals was when they were new. He took them back to the dealer he purchased them from for the first service and the morons there drained the engine oil and subtrans oil but didn't fill the subtrans on either car back up.... Dealer ate s*** on that one and payed for 2 new subtrans assembles that had to come straight off the mfg line. I bet Honda was not very pleased with that dealer after my friend was done with them.🤣

Myself, Mrs Slowpoke and our dogs visited him last fall and took a Talon out for the day exploring the mountains and playing race car driver on the tail of the dragon. It was a blast and I highly recommend doing it!!
20201017 163001

20201017 175514

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
And we go from intelligent discussion to blatant fanboyism in one post!
Sit tight and I'll get you the exact mileage of both units.... You want pictures of the odometers? Because I can make that happen if you need a visual for proof.

Edit: Look up Jamie Campbell @Raceco USA and then look up the UTV class from this year's Baja 1000. Also the 2021 V2R race that just passed.

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Sit tight and I'll get you the exact mileage of both units.... You want pictures of the odometers? Because I can make that happen if you need a visual for proof.

Huh? I don't care how many miles are on them. Let's say they're both at 50k. We've now managed to prove both an X3 and a Talon can go 50k miles. Just like how there's a Ford 6.7 diesel at 1.5 million, and dodge 6.7 Cummins at 1.5 million. It proves nothing, but is certainly cool. I just don't understand why everyone is so eager with "MY MACHINE IS BETTER!!!"? Like I said in the first post, I started this thread for anyone shopping the two machines, with my opinion. I'm sorry everyone got so butthurt.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Huh? I don't care how many miles are on them. Let's say they're both at 50k. We've now managed to prove both an X3 and a Talon can go 50k miles. Just like how there's a Ford 6.7 diesel at 1.5 million, and dodge 6.7 Cummins at 1.5 million. It proves nothing, but is certainly cool. I just don't understand why everyone is so eager with "MY MACHINE IS BETTER!!!"? Like I said in the first post, I started this thread for anyone shopping the two machines, with my opinion. I'm sorry everyone got so butthurt.
Don't take offense, it's human nature....people try to justify their purchase in there minds with the "brand X is better because it's what I bought". I like all brands.....except Polaris, those machines just plain suck! 🤣

advertisement
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Don't take offense, it's human nature....people try to justify their purchase in there minds with the "brand X is better because it's what I bought". I like all brands.....except Polaris, those machines just plain suck! 🤣
I can 100% assure you that at the track these Talons with their DCT and low end torque are the hot setups in N/A classes. You have to spend alot of money on clutching and engine performance on a belt car to hang with the Talon.. Just like Can-Ams are the hot setup in the Turbo classes.

I agree, Polaris sucks. 🤣

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
I can 100% assure you that at the track these Talons with their DCT and low end torque are the hot setups in N/A classes. You have to spend alot of money on clutching and engine performance on a belt car to hang with the Talon.. Just like Can-Ams are the hot setup in the Turbo classes.

I agree, Polaris sucks. 🤣

As I said in the very first post i'm comparing these machines as they are the same price (actually, the X3 is about $500 cheaper in 2021) In canada. I think even you can agree 172hp, 20" suspension travel > 110 hp, 15" of travel FOR MORE MONEY.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
As I said in the very first post i'm comparing these machines as they are the same price (actually, the X3 is about $500 cheaper in 2021) In canada. I think even you can agree 172hp, 20" suspension travel > 110 hp, 15" of travel FOR MORE MONEY.
I'm not saying you didn't get a great deal on a nice machine, I'm just wondering why your on a Honda site trying to convince Honda owners why their machines are inferior to your new X3....

You don't see any of us posting over at Cannedham.com bragging about our Talons do you?

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love my Junk Ass Honda P1K it rides like a hay wagon, and it’s hot on the ass and it gets you all dusty and it’s loud and it’s camouflage and it’s got a bent tie rod and it needs more upgrades and it needs gas and you have to change the oil every now and then and the air filter and buy tires when the old one wear out. What a piece of 💩 did I mention it was a Junk Ass Honda? Oh… and I have not changed one belt so far.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!