Talon vs X3

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Seriously....you are just plain wrong and showed your ignorance! Just because you had a bad experience with one in the beginning doesn't show jack!! I am not saying the Can Am is junk....but to say the Talon isn't one good overall machine just shows you really know Jackxxxx and really makes you a new Can Am nut sucker!! See I can say it to you too!! 🤓

You must have reading comprehension issues. Try to process what I said in my original post. I know it might be challenging, it might take you a while, but you can do it! I'll even re-type it for you; "If I needed a second machine, I would have kept the Talon"

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Well I was going to delete the thread with how far off the rails it went, but I think i'll leave it for anyone shopping different machines to see a comparison. As I said numerous times, other than the reliability problems MY SPECIFIC TALON had, it was a good machine for what it was, but there's much better for the price. In my opinion. That summarizes it

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Yes thats blood, talon cage is allot thinner than people think. Collapsed fast.
That was a tumble down the hill climb though. Like 4-5 rolls with a 10-20 drop on the last roll and landed on its roof. There isn't a stock cage around that would have held up. But yes the stock cage could be beefier but it does do OK on a single roll over situations....

Last edited:
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes thats blood, talon cage is allot thinner than people think. Collapsed fast.
I watched that video of that talon flipping down that powerlline hill. That last big flop is what crushed the cage. Any brand stock cage would have collapsed in that hit. He's lucky to be alive. If you plan on doing stoopid climbs like that in any rig, you need a better cage.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That was a tumble down the hill climb though. Like 4-5 rolls with a 10-20 drop on the last roll and landed on its roof. There isn't a stock around that would have held up. But yes the stock cage could be beefier but it does do OK on a single roll over situations....
Lol at the same time

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Watch steve stiller x3 franks hill video. That was a crazy crash.
I've watched it before. He got extremely lucky his not dead too. If you watch it closely, it hits on the front and rear ends most of the flops and never a direct hit in the middle of the cage or it would've most certainly crushed it.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I ain’t buying one. The suspension would be left behind the machine in the first tree entry into the trails. We don’t ride all them pre-existing jeep trails that are 10-12 feet wide. You wouldn’t want you’re plastics to look like the Idaho boys…
I want to go ride trails with you sometime. Looks like you have a blast. We go on some tight stuff too, no room for error with hidden stumps just off the width. Our home area that’s getting eaten away by developers is quad trails that we widened by thrashing through them. Jeep trails too but my day to day is mostly tight other than the river bed.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I want to go ride trails with you sometime. Looks like you have a blast. We go on some tight stuff too, no room for error with hidden stumps just off the width. Our home area that’s getting eaten away by developers is quad trails that we widened by thrashing through them. Jeep trails too but my day to day is mostly tight other than the river bed.
We’ve rode a few of the areas over there. Had a good time

advertisement
Talon210

Talon210

Apr 23, 2021
Northeast, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just so everyone knows. I love honda and am really not bashing the talon out of brand hate. Ive been diehard red my whole life. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and i respect everyones opinion. If im buying a motocross bike or atv, honda hands down. The talon just didnt cut it for me.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Well I did it. Put a deposit down on this today. 2022 Maverick X3 X RS Turbo RR, 200HP and smart shocks. In the blue. Mid October delivery. I’ll sell the Talon after delivery unless anyone here wants it sooner. It’s a trick machine.

I can say that is the longest stupidest name for a SXS. And I’ll still be around. The Can-Am forums are down right pedestrian compared to you guys.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Since the talon has so many issues I assume the price tag will reflect that? What you think you will ask for it?
What do think it’s worth? Since I last updated my build post I’ve added Shock therapy springs, L&W Fab high clearance front A arms and rear radius rods powered coated to match, MTX sound bar and a super atv hdpe 1/2 skid plate. 2019 w/ 1,000 miles. I’ve got $30K info it in the machine and upgrades plus everything to put it back to stock

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Yall sound like yall butt hurt over the pro na krx winning 2 of the 3 BITD races and finishing 9th and 11th overall out of 150 utvs, turbos and all and causing a rule change for the kawasukis. 🍿

T

TittiesAndBeer

Mar 3, 2021
South of hooker
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Nope, try to sometimes haha. Really doesn't matter to me but a slow fat pig spanking people over 250-500 mile races and spanking turbo machines is awesome. Can't ever underestimate the underdog.
They just will never understand until they ride in one...

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Is it an X or R?

So it's a 2 seater X? Correct. Non live valve. As you know any after market stuff really is just considered a peace offering for taking the P.O.S. honda off your hands. And knowing it's got/had issues will definitely affect my offer. But I would start by offering $13k. For all of it. Original parts and all. Don't wanna over pay for a lemon.
R - 13 is low, low for a stock R. And I don’t recall saying I had issues. I know you’re just messing with me but, I’m at $30K into it and don’t want to spend another $7K for a turbo and still be 50HP light and it’s way better than the KRX aka Sport Mule.

Last edited:
T

TittiesAndBeer

Mar 3, 2021
South of hooker
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Badass looking rig 👍
Thanks.. right at 2000 miles now in a year and a half and no real issues to speak of. I’ve continued to thrash the s*** out of it every chance I get. Getting ready for Moab again and going over everything good.. figuring out how I’m loading out and I’m still just thoroughly impressed and satisfied with this machine. Anybody that says they’re slow really has no clue. For an all around trail machine, it’s the tits!!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!