Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
@SpeedBuggy

How do you like those Method "bead grip" wheels? What's the lowest air pressure you have run in the tires without loosing a bead?
For the weight I love them and they are tough. I’ve run them as low as 7 with the Terramasters and been fine for slow stuff. When the speeds started picking up again I could feel them rolling over. Haven’t had any problems but was not sure about 5, especially with the Carnivores now. They are known for sidewall pinch flats. I usually run 10-12 and they are great. I would buy them again.

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Followed an X3 on a steep rocky logging trail yesterday.

maybe it was the driver, but I honestly wasn’t impressed enough to go buy one.

I know my Pioneer won’t win any races and has limitations vs the X3 but the X3 reminded me of a wallowing whale on the trail.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You'd look good in it.
I know what I want. This weekend was yet another stamp in right category. For all those that say it reds too harsh, maybe hit the go pedal lol, no complaints from any of us!! Spent a.lot of time driving one this weekend, f*** all them belt machines, it did everything we needed and was always a smile. Everyone in the family rode it and nothing but grins. Loved it yet again! Just waiting till it’s a cash deal.
And oh btw, maybe it was just the driver but can am and Polaris turned back…

E9979343 2CD7 4CB5 9260 0089B5DBAE2A
8906007A 2268 4C1F BFD6 446BD21B24B3

Last edited:
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I know what I want. This weekend was yet another stamp in right category. For all those that say it reds too harsh, maybe hit the go pedal lol, no complaints from any of us!! Spent a.lot of time driving one this weekend, f*** all them belt machines, it did everything we needed and was always a smile. Everyone in the family rode it and nothing but grins. Loved it yet again! Just waiting till it’s a cash deal.
And oh btw, maybe it was just the driver but can am and Polaris turned back…

View attachment 293576View attachment 293575
Junk ass Honda 🙄🤠

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
All smiles here for the weekend. Let me know when you’re ready to come get it. Last ride so I don’t risk rolling it or anything.
D8FF4B5D 217A 43DA A4E5 1752CBE636C2
3FD3B01C D1BC 4788 8CA7 64117C3735A0
469401DB B713 44F7 938A F10EFED1D982
89ED8EE4 BAA0 4395 950B D9D05216D298
659A712B A059 4BA1 A33E B4BF44D95354
9E7A4554 B31D 4129 8954 748E1E6B9840

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
My wife is pissed because I have a habit of fixing stuff up and then selling it. Honey I promise I won’t need anything for the new one other than winch, windshield, lower doors, stereo, exhaust, tune, etc…
Warn Axon 4500 showed up today. I know she has that s*** on alert.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
All smiles here for the weekend. Let me know when you’re ready to come get it. Last ride so I don’t risk rolling it or anything. View attachment 293634View attachment 293638View attachment 293639View attachment 293640View attachment 293643View attachment 293647
I know the place. Funny you say that because last time I was there I double forward flipped my current machine to the tune of 12k damage. So I’m not afraid to rebuild stuff, just ask for a discounted buy😉

2832A0E1 944F 443A 85BF FFE7F8C90324

advertisement
SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I know the place. Funny you say that because last time I was there I double forward flipped my current machine to the tune of 12k damage. So I’m not afraid to rebuild stuff, just ask for a discounted buy😉

View attachment 293891
We had a high wheel up but made the climb. You need this!

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R

View attachment 293891
That’s insane. Doesn’t look so bad until your committed!,,

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That’s insane. Doesn’t look so bad until your committed!,,
Ya you know how pics are. It was steep, rear wheels hovered a couple feet off the dirt both times I hit it. First time throttle was perfect and rear settled in nice, was fun so hit again and the second time a little bit of rock crossed steering with rear wheels up. Nothing I could do but tuck and hold on.
Jeep and 4 door Polaris wouldn’t do it, no one else in the group so said screw it, should’ve left it at just once but I do like to have fun.

2AD49F93 5709 4537 B570 B304C58D9B50

Last edited:
SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Ya you know how pics are. It was steep, rear wheels hovered a couple feet off the dirt both times I hit it. First time throttle was perfect and rear settled in nice, was fun so hit again and the second time a little bit of rock crossed steering with rear wheels up. Nothing I could do but tuck and hold on.
Jeep and 4 door Polaris wouldn’t do it, no one else in the green so said screw it, should’ve left it at just once but I do like to have fun.

View attachment 293893
Holy s***. That outside wheel ruined your day. I thought going down when we ran it in reverse was the easier line than going up. Just goes to show anything can happen anytime?

jmneill

jmneill

Aug 5, 2021
Dixie
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’m considering selling my Talon for the new 22 X3 RR. No dealer stock is slowing my roll. I’m a life long Honda guy from my first Trail 90 and overlooked some now known shortcomings for a transmission over a belt. Now after sinking more $$ into it than a well equipped X3 I have a good reliable machine with half the power and when I’m being honest, it simply isn’t as capable. Typical Honda development took so long they built the best machine money could buy for 2010.

Well I did it. Put a deposit down on this today. 2022 Maverick X3 X RS Turbo RR, 200HP and smart shocks. In the blue. Mid October delivery. I’ll sell the Talon after delivery unless anyone here wants it sooner. It’s a trick machine.

I can say that is the longest stupidest name for a SXS. And I’ll still be around. The Can-Am forums are down right pedestrian compared to you guys.

Dammit man. The last thing I expected when joining this forum was that I might in any way be swayed in some other direction.
Despite the fact they're both brands I've owned and would own again, I've ruled out the Kawi and the Yamaha, leading me here, to what seemed like the obvious answer and choice. I joined here to glean knowledge and kill time waiting for the 2022's to roll in.

Now I find a life long Honda guy that's put his money where his mouth is, thrown money at the problems and at the end of the day still can't make the Talon do what he needs it to do.

After a life on two wheels with nearly double the HP and a third the weight, doubt is also beginning to creep in as to whether or not those 104 naturally aspirated horses the Talon is putting down are gonna be able to move nearly a ton of man and machine around in a manner I'll really be ably to enjoy. After a month of scouring these forums and doing the math, I find myself in the last place I thought I'd ever be, considering something outside the Japanese market, a place I've never been, on two wheels or four.

Now enters Can-Am... 72" & 200HP, starting at $23,799. Possibly missing some nuts and bolts, and make sure everything's torqued, because BRP probably didn't. I can't believe I'm tempted, but after a couple weeks of looking at the grass on the other side of the fence, I'm genuinely afraid I may be.

@SpeedBuggy Tell me it's all a mistake and you've cancelled your deposit.
😂

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dammit man. The last thing I expected when joining this forum was that I might in any way be swayed in some other direction.
Despite the fact they're both brands I've owned and would own again, I've ruled out the Kawi and the Yamaha, leading me here, to what seemed like the obvious answer and choice. I joined here to glean knowledge and kill time waiting for the 2022's to roll in.

Now I find a life long Honda guy that's put his money where his mouth is, thrown money at the problems and at the end of the day still can't make the Talon do what he needs it to do.

After a life on two wheels with nearly double the HP and a third the weight, doubt is also beginning to creep in as to whether or not those 104 naturally aspirated horses the Talon is putting down are gonna be able to move nearly a ton of man and machine around in a manner I'll really be ably to enjoy. After a month of scouring these forums and doing the math, I find myself in the last place I thought I'd ever be, considering something outside the Japanese market, a place I've never been, on two wheels or four.

Now enters Can-Am... 72" & 200HP, starting at $23,799. Possibly missing some nuts and bolts, and make sure everything's torqued, because BRP probably didn't. I can't believe I'm tempted, but after a couple weeks of looking at the grass on the other side of the fence, I'm genuinely afraid I may be.

@SpeedBuggy Tell me it's all a mistake and you've cancelled your deposit.
😂
I see you’ve got a Tacoma for a pickup. You do know the Ford Ranger and Colorado have more power right? More gadgets and ultimately cheaper.
But you chose Tacoma, why is that? Because of overall dependability, maybe resale? Because the “smart” choice on paper isn’t the Tacoma. But we all know what Toyota is…

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Here is the rub would anyone buy a Talon if it was belt driven?
Pitiful suspension from the factory
The lowest hp numbers in there segment
Driveshaft and sub transmission issues

Come on Honda you can do better than this.

Talon210

Talon210

Apr 23, 2021
Northeast, Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
I really wanted a talon but a belt is much easier than a stripped sub trans and driveshaft problems. I am a DIEHARD honda guy but they dropped the ball super hard on the talons.

Reactions: TittiesAndBeer
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!