Talon1000x4 rear wheels crooked

W

Willt1977

Jan 4, 2022
Kettering ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I have a 2020 talon1000x4 and recently noticed that the back wheels were kicked out in the front. Have heard it is possibly a blown shock. Anyone have this issue

Reactions: Smitty335
W

Willt1977

Jan 4, 2022
Kettering ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I have a 2020 talon1000x4 and recently noticed that the back wheels were kicked out in the front. Have heard it is possibly a blown shock. Anyone have this issue
Screenshot 20220104 163859 Gallery

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Pics can't really show what is going on due to optical illusions. For instance, to me it also looks like there is a lot of negative camber too.

Portals will add extra leverage and lower the suspension geometry so you may need to adjust your ride height so the suspension is back to stock geometry. The formula is...

New Ride Height = Stock Ride Height + Portal Size + (New Tire Diameter - 28")/2

After you make sure you are at the correct "new" ride height, What are the actual Camber and Toe readings on the rear?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Pics can't really show what is going on due to optical illusions. For instance, to me it also looks like there is a lot of negative camber too.

Portals will add extra leverage and lower the suspension geometry so you may need to adjust your ride height so the suspension is back to stock geometry. The formula is...

New Ride Height = Stock Ride Height + Portal Size + (New Tire Diameter - 28")/2

After you make sure you are at the correct "new" ride height, What are the actual Camber and Toe readings on the rear? rid

What if he doesn't remember his original ride height, I got got a trick for setting spring sag from motorcycle racing years.

Reactions: JenElio and Isaiah
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
What if he doesn't remember his original ride height, I got got a trick for setting spring sag from motorcycle racing years.
Can't really forget the factory ride height, it is all over the internet. Honda calls it "Ground Clearance" (circled on is the 2020 X4LV)...

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
That's what I was thinking. It's definitely out-of whack
On my cousin's it was really hard to see the bend in the rear arm by just standing looking at it and it wasn't much of a bend to put it out of whack. He slid back down a tall rock face and slammed his back wheel just right tweeking it just enough. It was a really hard hit!

W

Willt1977

Jan 4, 2022
Kettering ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
On my cousin's it was really hard to see the bend in the rear arm by just standing looking at it and it wasn't much of a bend to put it out of whack. He slid back down a tall rock face and slammed his back wheel just right tweeking it just enough. It was a really hard hit!
Definitely looked it over good. No paint chips or obvious bends. It was like that before I installed portals. I was hoping once I changed out all the s*** u gotta change to put on portals it would fix it but it didn't. So I'm guessing it has to be bent trailing or radius arms.

Reactions: JenElio and Isaiah
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
How did he fix it?

Reactions: Isaiah and JenElio
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Definitely looked it over good. No paint chips or obvious bends. It was like that before I installed portals. I was hoping once I changed out all the s*** u gotta change to put on portals it would fix it but it didn't. So I'm guessing it has to be bent trailing or radius arms.
Yeah you have bent trailing arm.
mine with portals is straight.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
He bought a new factory arm and swapped it out. Easy job overall. That was over a year ago so I don't remember the cost of the arm. He didn't have any paint chips either at the time. Could definitely tell a difference wirh it out of the machine next to the new one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!