P1000 tdhanses build - snowflake

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Doors arrived and can’t say the box is in the best condition, nothing looks damaged though, didn’t open it up yet as I won’t install till it warms up some, want that Velcro to stick.

EB5D121C 87F5 45DE BFCE 1650A465B897
BD296C2C 9895 4144 8A31 8A6EF9FED595

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah that’s what I was thinking, hopefully not needed but good to have. Have you rotated your spare in or just let it sit?
Nah I just let it sit. I had it as a spare for 2 different machines. The tires never wore enough to matter.

Reactions: tdhanses
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
WellI wasn’t planning to work on the p1k5 today, well I failed, want to thank @Russ989 again, his videos rock for giving you the details you need and not in a 20 min video. Installed the front SATV a-arms, wasn’t hard at all except for the upper bushing on one arm was freaking jacked with a burr, I fought that dang thing for over an hr but finally was able to get a bolt through it.

My suggestion to anyone doing this, test fit all your bolts in the bushings first. I went ahead and left the factory tierods, figured why not run them till they bend or fail. Didn’t take any pics installing but will get one up tomorrow, oh the hillbilly brake works great for removing the hub nut, lol.

Also the top ball joint is pretty small but an 1 3/8 socket fits over it perfectlyto press it in. The factory also stripped out one of my brake line bolts, that was fun removing as it would just spin but not thread out, was able to replace it with one I had that was a tad longer.

I have to say, I hope I’ve found the last of the factory f-up’s, wasn’t expecting such simple issues.

Last edited:
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
WellI wasn’t planning to work on the p1k5 today, well I failed, want to thank @Russ989 again, his videos rock for giving you the details you need and not in a 20 min video. Installed the front SATV a-arms, wasn’t hard at all except for the upper bushing on one arm was freaking jacked with a burr, I fought that dang thing for over an hr but finally was able to get a bolt through it.

My suggestion to anyone doing this, test fit all your bolts in the bushings first. I went ahead and left the factory tierods, figured why not run them till they bend or fail. Didn’t take any pics installing but will get one up tomorrow, oh the hillbilly brake works great for removing the hub nut, lol.

Also the top ball joint is pretty small but an 1 3/8 socket fits over it perfectlyto press it in. The factory also stripped out one of my brake line bolts, that was fun removing as it would just spin but not thread out, was able to replace it with one I had that was a tad longer.

I have to say, I hope I’ve found the last of the factory f-up’s, wasn’t expecting such simple issues.
You’re welcome, glad they are helping you out. The Pioneer is fun to build, very expensive hobby though.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd recommend sticking with the stock tie-rods and carrying a few + the tools needed to change in your door storage. Cheap to replace and easy to change trail side in about 15-20 minutes. Much better to bend a tie-rod than grenade the steering rack.
Took your advice, for now, I’ll run the stock ones till they fail or wear out.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Few pics of the front a-arms. Didn’t install the steering stops but wonder if I should, seems no one does. If I turn them all the way the tires will rub.

View attachment 241179View attachment 241180
Imo with just a lift or just forward arched arms no stops but you have to be more aware in diff lock. With both I’d run them.
Looking good, you’ve been staying busy!

Reactions: EMAW and TripleB
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Imo with just a lift or just forward arched arms no stops but you have to be more aware in diff lock. With both I’d run them.
Looking good, you’ve been staying busy!
No lift planned, it’s already too tall, lol. I was just thinking, my first mod was going to be door storage and under seat storage, now they may end up last 😂 I have this bad problem of once I have parts not putting in the work.

I’m thinking I’ll put the winch in next and then wire in the second battery, if the might max ever shows up.

advertisement
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Made the decision to not get a smaller trailer, using the funds for Fox shocks, hopefully I’m done with the upgrades after this purchase.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Well for a little bit atleast 🤣 I’m broke now, the factory shocks worth much?
I gave my fronts to @Russ989 to put on his 700 when he had it. Still have the stock rears sitting in the attic. It wasn't worth my time to try and sell them honestly.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I gave my fronts to @Russ989 to put on his 700 when he had it. Still have the stock rears sitting in the attic. It wasn't worth my time to try and sell them honestly.
Yeah I looked at the pricing, fronts are cheap @ $100ish and rears are $330ish each, guess if I keep them they don’t take up much space.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Yeah I looked at the pricing, fronts are cheap @ $100ish and rears are $330ish each, guess if I keep them they don’t take up much space.
I mean if you could sell them, I'd do it. Not much market for them here in south LA and I don't feel like shipping them.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mean if you could sell them, I'd do it. Not much market for them here in south LA and I don't feel like shipping them.
Yeah, not even sure what a fair price is, I’d think shipping wouldn’t be too bad. I’d sell as a set only.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Regarding your missing fasteners on the cage, that was likely a dealership issue, not factory. They ship in a crate with the ROPS assembled at the dealership.

What's the scoop with that smaller spark arrestor?

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Regarding your missing fasteners on the cage, that was likely a dealership issue, not factory. They ship in a crate with the ROPS assembled at the dealership.

What's the scoop with that smaller spark arrestor?
Mine came from the factory with ROPS installed, haven’t taken it in yet, will sometime this week. Here is mine after it was driven off the truck.
DFE2F72D B187 43B6 9EB3 E9E40B9CB6D1

The smaller spark arrestor is from whiskey bent, not sure if it does anything other then look better.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here’s a video of a dealer getting one delivered, what I notice is the one they are driving off has the ROPS installed but the one behind it doesn’t, but also can’t tell what the other one is, but it’s not a p1k5.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!