P1000 tdhanses build - snowflake

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took it out to my buddies place and rode his little trail network on his 40 acres and shot a few guns while out there, was a blast and I’m amazed how smooth the ride is, hit a bunch of drops at higher speed and it just soaked it up. Driving on the gravel roads you didn’t even feel the wash board, we did about 30 miles on the gravel and about 3 on pavement, got her to 61mph Which makes me wonder how fast it really was with the 30’s.

I’m extremely impressed with the enclosure setup, followed a car on the gravel and while dust still came into the cab it was barely noticeable, back seats got a good dusting but front hardly had any. While the doors aren’t fully sealed up cruising at any speed was extremely comfortable, not sure I’ll get a heater as it was 26* and we didn’t feel cold air really on us. I think the ticket for dust reduction is a mid and rear panel as the rear window was super dusty.

Overall I’m extremely happy with everything and didn’t break anything, almost thought a mud buster was going to be destroyed, my side mirrors took a beating, the windshield and side panels did just fine having tree limbs and brush scratch up against. Pretty sure my nice white side panels are all scratched up now 🤣

Didn‘t take many pic but we drove to Clinton lake and the Kansas river.

Oh and it trailers at 75mph with everything just fine.

D19C5D8E AADB 4333 AD00 190F716C3D88
D9AAF6BE C7C1 4CD4 B56D 33196DEF8A6E
F0866660 E2D8 4183 B680 9C5EB3E2A91F

Last edited:
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Took it out to my buddies place and rode his little trail network on his 40 acres and shot a few guns while out there, was a blast and I’m amazed how smooth the ride is, hit a bunch of drops at higher speed and it just soaked it up. Driving on the gravel roads you didn’t even feel the wash board, we did about 30 miles on the gravel and about 3 on pavement, got her to 61mph Which makes me wonder how fast it really was with the 30’s.

I’m extremely impressed with the enclosure setup, followed a car on the gravel and while dust still came into the cab it was barely noticeable, back seats got a good dusting but front hardly had any. While the doors aren’t fully sealed up cruising at any speed was extremely comfortable, not sure I’ll get a heater as it was 26* and we didn’t feel cold air really on us. I think the ticket for dust reduction is a mid and rear panel as the rear window was super dusty.

Overall I’m extremely happy with everything and didn’t break anything, almost thought a mud buster was going to be destroyed, my side mirrors took a beating, the windshield and side panels did just fine having tree limbs and brush scratch up against. Pretty sure my nice white side panels are all scratched up now 🤣

Didn‘t take many pic but we drove to Clinton lake and the Kansas river.

Oh and it trailers at 75mph with everything just fine.

View attachment 250795View attachment 250796View attachment 250797
With my 30s my speedometer was about 2mph or 3mph off I don't remember exactly. I'm telling you i think you have the nicest looking pioneer I've seen!

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm wanting to change the color of mine to white but the boss said I couldn't get white🤣 so I guess I will get black but that's going to have to wait till after I get new tires lol
I’m liking my rampages but time will tell how they hold up.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice ride... are all these modifications necessary? Would I be better off buying a different machine?
After seeing your other posts I’ll clarify, nothing I did is needed if you’ll be using it as Honda intended. Now for what I’ve spent yes I could of gotten or I’m close to the price of a base KRX or RMAX 2 seater. I need 5 seats, I need a utility machine with a decent sized bed and good cargo capacity, I need a dump bed. Currently I don’t know of any other machine that’s better that hits these points. Also I didn’t want a belt drive and didn’t want a machine that is 16ft long and looks like a bus.

If I didn’t need the 5 seats, dump bed, higher cargo capacity and was ok with belt drive I’d of gotten the RMAX4 which still cost more then I’ve invested into my pioneer.

If your looking at sport machines that are 2 seaters then you really are comparing apples to oranges as they are designed for different uses. Now we upgrade and improve our rides to fit our tastes and what we want out of a machine as no stock machine is perfect, they all need something.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well ended up with a new tow vehicle today, this is an accessory to the pioneer right? 🤔🤣. I’ll get a few better pics, tomorrow, so far in 143 miles I’m averaging 25mpg mixed driving.

847A516A BB32 41DC 9122 F28467F9CF9B
80F0C8EC D6D2 4132 A926 DB5CFDA96753

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well ended up with a new tow vehicle today, this is an accessory to the pioneer right? 🤔🤣. I’ll get a few better pics, tomorrow, so far in 143 miles I’m averaging 25mpg mixed driving.

View attachment 251756View attachment 251758

Nice! Very beautiful truck! I about went and bought a new truck a few times last year but just bought a used F350 dually from a good friend.

Reactions: CID and EMAW
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice! Very beautiful truck! I about went and bought a new truck a few times last year but just bought a used F350 dually from a good friend.
I really liked my F250 but it averaged 11.9mpg.

Reactions: EMAW and Isaiah
G

GuyOnABuffalo

After seeing your other posts I’ll clarify, nothing I did is needed if you’ll be using it as Honda intended. Now for what I’ve spent yes I could of gotten or I’m close to the price of a base KRX or RMAX 2 seater. I need 5 seats, I need a utility machine with a decent sized bed and good cargo capacity, I need a dump bed. Currently I don’t know of any other machine that’s better that hits these points. Also I didn’t want a belt drive and didn’t want a machine that is 16ft long and looks like a bus.

If I didn’t need the 5 seats, dump bed, higher cargo capacity and was ok with belt drive I’d of gotten the RMAX4 which still cost more then I’ve invested into my pioneer.

If your looking at sport machines that are 2 seaters then you really are comparing apples to oranges as they are designed for different uses. Now we upgrade and improve our rides to fit our tastes and what we want out of a machine as no stock machine is perfect, they all need something.
What does an Rmax need?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!