P1000 tdhanses build - snowflake

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
All the main wiring is done, waiting on one more USB port and some switch blanks to fill in the switch plate. Garmin is wired up and works great with the BOSS bluetooth audio for controlling tunes. For around $100 the BOSS sounds good, it won’t compare to the high end bass filled systems but for just listening to music it should work well and is loud.

The Garmin covers up the volt meter to the passenger or straight on but the drivers seat can easily see them still. The Garmin also works as a speaker phone.

Also, the fan override is awesome, it pushes the air right into the cab, I think if you remove the lower center plate and turn the fan on it’ll heat the cab really well. I almost think you could put vents in and push air to the window pretty easy.

View attachment 245335View attachment 245336View attachment 245337
Which Boss audio unit did you purchase? Where did you mount your Boss unit?

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which Boss audio unit did you purchase? Where did you mount your Boss unit?
This one, put the unit in the glove box. You can just use your phone to control it or another Bluetooth type device. I connect my phone to the garmin and the garmin to the boss unit which isn’t a controller. Then I just use the garmin to control the music. There is a volume dial I put under the AT/MT Sport switch.

It will work just fine using your phone only. When I bought it in Dec it was $114. Only reason I’m using the Garmin is I also use it on my motorcycle.

I used these to mount the speakers.

Last edited:
Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
This one, put the unit in the glove box. You can just use your phone to control it or another Bluetooth type device. I connect my phone to the garmin and the garmin to the boss unit which isn’t a controller. Then I just use the garmin to control the music. There is a volume dial I put under the AT/MT Sport switch.

It will work just fine using your phone only. When I bought it in Dec it was $114. Only reason I’m using the Garmin is I also use it on my motorcycle.

I used these to mount the speakers.

Thanks for the info. Thats a really nice build that youre putting together!!

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Few update pics outside, all that is left is to install new brake lines, new springs and set preload.

8033A2A0 ABEA 4935 8D50 17A660EE8A8A
CE4BCED3 458A 4F1F A03C 8E264D0494D6
3D7F2C68 07C6 4EA8 BF99 2685D2CB70E1
86F44E78 79FC 40EB 90DE E936A7510CC3
7C67B005 C04F 4531 9B15 79AA12AFDDD4

Last edited:
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very nice build! I have had mine almost 3yrs and still adding stuff it never ends😂
I’m taking a break 😂 did my last upgrade today for a little bit, I want to get it dirty now! I’ll change the brake lines out later and I have a few other things I want to do but they can wait. Time to get it dirty and put some miles on it.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m taking a break 😂 did my last upgrade today for a little bit, I want to get it dirty now! I’ll change the brake lines out later and I have a few other things I want to do but they can wait. Time to get it dirty and put some miles on it.

I haven't did the shocks yet but I think those are next. My rhino axles are supposed to be in tomorrow and going to put them on Tuesday if nothing doesnt happen. it depends on what my girlfriend says I have on my calendar!🤣

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That's a preeeety build there. I was gonna ask if its ever seen dirt yet? That thing is cleaner then most at the dealers 😉😂😂

Looks good!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!