P500 The Mini Beast

C

Chooglin

I think you are talking about this video ?

20170825 203049

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Looks cool! :) Do you have a link for thiso_O

Reactions: sharp
D

Duckhunt

Yeah I'd bet just like a car/pickup you can drop a brick on the pedal in neutral and she should bounce off the limiter - any takers???

My guess, and that's all it is, is there's slight variances in speed sensor sensitivity from machine to machine. I'm sure the PCM has a simple formula "time between pulses (final gear teeth)" or "number of pulses in a small time sample" = x MPH. So near top speed there could be variances in pulse readings. If it was important, like say a vehicle, they'd calibrate each one. But the rev limiter is reading off spark plug fires/coil discharges.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Work called off due to no water, not sure why...but really I don’t care because it gave me an opportunity to play with the P5 a little;)

Got the skids back on and noticed my cleaning job was not very good:( oh well give me a reason to make the run again on my next day off! Also threw some sea foam in her and let her run for an hour!

I took her through the woods around the house and tested her a bit. Idled through snow drifts and ran over small trees and the Mini-Beast didn’t even break a sweat!

Man...the more I drive the P5 the more I like it:)

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Work called off due to no water, not sure why...but really I don’t care because it gave me an opportunity to play with the P5 a little;)

Got the skids back on and noticed my cleaning job was not very good:( oh well give me a reason to make the run again on my next day off! Also threw some sea foam in her and let her run for an hour!

I took her through the woods around the house and tested her a bit. Idled through snow drifts and ran over small trees and the Mini-Beast didn’t even break a sweat!

Man...the more I drive the P5 the more I like it:)
I agree, the more I drive it, the more I like it.

advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Apparently the red ones aren't faster...:D

That may be true, but I do hear rumors that the RED are more capable in all terrain... I guess it has something to do with the color RED, the driver's attitude, and the lack of fear :cool: Other colors tend to keep drivers on the trail where it is safe:p

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Woke up thinking about a system and came across this...
View attachment 98143

Who has tried ito_O
I got one of those for the 700, cut it up and reglassed it to fit the 1000. Box worked well but the speaker had massive distortion and fell apart quickly. Personally unless the amp and sub have gotten better Id see if you could find it unloaded and do your own equipment.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I got one of those for the 700, cut it up and reglassed it to fit the 1000. Box worked well but the speaker had massive distortion and fell apart quickly. Personally unless the amp and sub have gotten better Id see if you could find it unloaded and do your own equipment.

I was thinking the same thing as an option! Just curious as to the location and overall sound and if there was any new plastic rattling, lol

Reactions: CumminsPusher
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Realistically, unless you're on some wide open flat stretch of road (out west) trying to outrun an imaginary volcano (that's what I do), the need for speed doesn't come around all that often around here or in much of the eastern places I have ridden. For the mostly shorter distances near these parts, I never can get enough straightway to pull the maximum speed. Believe me when I say I'm addicted to speed, but here in the east, there isn't as big a need. Or so it would seem...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Woke up thinking about a system and came across this...
View attachment 98143

Who has tried ito_O

I have some stereo changes in the works, CP's post about the pods got my wheels turning. It cranks already but now I'm going for better quality. I'm always thinking about the system, it's an addiction all on its own. :rolleyes:

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I have some stereo changes in the works, CP's post about the pods got my wheels turning. It cranks already but now I'm going for better quality. I'm always thinking about the system, it's an addiction all on its own. :rolleyes:
Couldnt agree more with you about the system being an addiction all on its own! I have been doing alot of research on the possibilities with the P5 and it is definitely more challenging than a system build in a P1000 so my hat is off to you! you have done some pretty cool things to get a great sound! Just got done watching and listening to some of your videos posted in Vulgar Displays of Power and its got me excited:)

I think this is going to be a trial and error type process with the system evolving as I try new things. Right now I am thinking about the possibility of using my 12" enclosure in the P5 as a shared component of both. Also, looking at the Boss 4" Cage Mounted speakers simply for the looks of the enclosures and the ability to replace the speakers. I would really like to run a set of 3 way 6x9's for a fuller sound, but I just have to figure out how to do it without compromising space. I do want to keep all weight as low as possible, so there is that too!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!