Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just a heads up, if everything goes as planned I'll have the 4" Noam's and 3" Boss's laying in the garage. The Noam's sound good for what they are, mostly highs and high mids. The Boss's can sound a bit tinny when pushed hard. They came with a little amp too but it was pretty low quality. Both of these are wake style and ROPS mountable, they will get loud.

Noam N4 Pair of 4 2way Wakeboard Mountable Speakers Marine Grade Waterproof | eBay
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Boss-Aud...hguid=70f551ab-d2c-167c794de99979&athena=true

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Just a heads up, if everything goes as planned I'll have the 4" Noam's and 3" Boss's laying in the garage. The Noam's sound good for what they are, mostly highs and high mids. The Boss's can sound a bit tinny when pushed hard. They came with a little amp too but it was pretty low quality. Both of these are wake style and ROPS mountable, they will get loud.

Noam N4 Pair of 4 2way Wakeboard Mountable Speakers Marine Grade Waterproof | eBay
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Boss-Aud...hguid=70f551ab-d2c-167c794de99979&athena=true

So what are you planningo_O Roof mounted Pods Perhaps;)

Reactions: trigger
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Was thinking about these as well...

A9ED4521 1208 4247 9228 44B36D11BF4B 8A7CCE96 3B44 424D A493 A9EEE3823857
The ssv is close to half the price

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So what are you planningo_O Roof mounted Pods Perhaps;)

Exactly. Remove 4" Noam's from ROPS. Roof mount pods with 5 1/4" Polk's, IP55 rated and said to sound a lot like Infinity's. Then remove 3" Boss's from under dash and mount pods, going to take some fabbing for that, load with the same Polk's. Then switch out the factory SSV's with Infinity 6.5's. End result, four Infinity 6.5's, four Polk 5.25's, two RF tweets, two RF 10" s. Twelve speakers, 1k watts and all quality sh**. Also putting baffles in each location for protection and dampening. Should sound well defined and hurt when you want it to. :cool:

Boom Mat 6-1/2" Speaker Baffles (Regular: 3" depth)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Exactly. Remove 4" Noam's from ROPS. Roof mount pods with 5 1/4" Polk's, IP55 rated and said to sound a lot like Infinity's. Then remove 3" Boss's from under dash and mount pods, going to take some fabbing for that, load with the same Polk's. Then switch out the factory SSV's with Infinity 6.5's. End result, four Infinity 6.5's, four Polk 5.25's, two RF tweets, two RF 10" s. Twelve speakers, 1k watts and all quality sh**. Also putting baffles in each location for protection and dampening. Should sound well defined and hurt when you want it to. :cool:

:eek:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Nice! Big changes. Hey check out those little Rf amps. They are super efficient! Don’t barely effect the system especially with the capacitor.

advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Just arrived home from work and just happened to look at the P5 and thought damn those tires look bad ass on there! So I thought I’d share a close up:D
705A6DF5 E7E3 41E8 8754 71E1ED262D4E
Damn they seem wide and those lugs look mean:cool:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
But they look WAY faster.
I don’t normally believe that sort of stuff but after all the on our white pioneer happened I went back to red.
Just arrived home from work and just happened to look at the P5 and thought damn those tires look bad ass on there! So I thought I’d share a close up:D
View attachment 98167
Damn they seem wide and those lugs look mean:cool:
They do look tough. I still love those tires. Toughest tire out there

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couldnt agree more with you about the system being an addiction all on its own! I have been doing alot of research on the possibilities with the P5 and it is definitely more challenging than a system build in a P1000 so my hat is off to you! you have done some pretty cool things to get a great sound! Just got done watching and listening to some of your videos posted in Vulgar Displays of Power and its got me excited:)

I think this is going to be a trial and error type process with the system evolving as I try new things. Right now I am thinking about the possibility of using my 12" enclosure in the P5 as a shared component of both. Also, looking at the Boss 4" Cage Mounted speakers simply for the looks of the enclosures and the ability to replace the speakers. I would really like to run a set of 3 way 6x9's for a fuller sound, but I just have to figure out how to do it without compromising space. I do want to keep all weight as low as possible, so there is that too!
I certainly would like to have better tunes than I do, but like you said space is limited especially for a big Squatch like me. Ain't no conehead room up thar.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I've liked so much stuff in this thread I feel like I'm stalking you. Lol
Lol, I was just admiring your thread where you added the bar for the speakers! I was thinking that was a great idea! Might have to have @Delton build one for me;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Nooooo...! KICKER PXA is the way to go! They'll never leave you wanting more;)

I've been buying from Crutchfield off and on for at least 25 yrs. They know everything car stereo and you get free technical support for life. I use that to call and ask them about all kinds of stuff, that's how I stumbled onto that little Alpine amp. A true 4 x 50 watts, it's small and not boosted rail technology. The dude said no other company could touch the size and power of that amp for a while after it came out and now they just came out with another one that's 4 x 75. I have an RF Power series in my truck 4 x 53 that is three times the size of this thing.
Alpine KTA-30FW Tough Power Pack

Btw, 4 pods and baffles ordered, speakers are sitting in the cart...:rolleyes:

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I was messing around in the garage and looking at things I have lying around...12” light bars, 4” cubes, 8 pc RGB rock light set, a storage box I purchased from tractor supply a while back, my 12” KICKER enclosure, a CD player, a set of 6x9s, some ROPS brackets for light mounting, an assortment of led strips, and some marine vinyl I removed from the BEAST. Then I found myself thinking I could easily give the Mini-Beast a little more personality;)

So I grabbed the brackets and started positioning lights and got discouraged when the brackets were to big for the small front bumper and the light couldn’t be mounted in the locations I was attempting:(

But...the RGB Rock Lights could go in even without a dual battery set up:)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I've been buying from Crutchfield off and on for at least 25 yrs. They know everything car stereo and you get free technical support for life. I use that to call and ask them about all kinds of stuff, that's how I stumbled onto that little Alpine amp. A true 4 x 50 watts, it's small and not boosted rail technology. The dude said no other company could touch the size and power of that amp for a while after it came out and now they just came out with another one that's 4 x 75. I have an RF Power series in my truck 4 x 53 that is three times the size of this thing.
Alpine KTA-30FW Tough Power Pack

Btw, 4 pods and baffles ordered, speakers are sitting in the cart...:rolleyes:
That Alpine is sexy! I like how they use the plate to seal up/close off the adjustment area! She is spendy though:eek:

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!