The new years hangover run

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So some friends and family are all going camping new years up in the snow. Hadn't been to the area with sbow in a few years so we decided to go up a few days early to scout out whether we would be able to get our trailers in and back out. Plus the kids wanted to try out their new scooter sleds in the snow. The trailers will be parked around 2500' and there was around 18" of snow as if last night when we went up there. The forecast is calling for up to 2' of new snow. Our hope is to make it all the way up to high rock look out witch is at 5600' with around 4' of snow according to the ski resort that is near by and the same elevation. This is the first time any of us have tried anything like this and im not taking it lightly. The wife keeps saying that she thinks im packing for Armageddon. If all gos as planed we hope to be on top of at least our world for the coming of the new year

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
63f6189b5455b7c6e2ed41e2d2050434
Scouting run in the the wifes runner
The kids beeking in The new sleds lol. Every thing is a competition at our house if you cant tell

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So some friends and family are all going camping new years up in the snow. Hadn't been to the area with sbow in a few years so we decided to go up a few days early to scout out whether we would be able to get our trailers in and back out. Plus the kids wanted to try out their new scooter sleds in the snow. The trailers will be parked around 2500' and there was around 18" of snow as if last night when we went up there. The forecast is calling for up to 2' of new snow. Our hope is to make it all the way up to high rock look out witch is at 5600' with around 4' of snow according to the ski resort that is near by and the same elevation. This is the first time any of us have tried anything like this and im not taking it lightly. The wife keeps saying that she thinks im packing for Armageddon. If all gos as planed we hope to be on top of at least our world for the coming of the new year
That's awesome dude. What's the camping accommodations?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So the rigs that will be attempting to make it to the top will be a 201t Kawasaki tyrex 800, a 2016 rzr 1000 4 seater, a tube chassis rock buggy on 46s, and our honda. Might not be able to get the bad a$$ pics and vids that cp posted. But if you dont here from me after the weekend can you send a search party

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

J

JTW

So the rigs that will be attempting to make it to the top will be a 201t Kawasaki tyrex 800, a 2016 rzr 1000 4 seater, a tube chassis rock buggy on 46s, and our honda. Might not be able to get the bad a$$ pics and vids that cp posted. But if you dont here from me after the weekend can you send a search party

I'll be interested to hear how they all compare!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That sounds awesome that's my kind of trip it's going to be fun either way! All those machines should be great. I think we're headed out into the abyss as well so let's make a pact we're both coming home! Need to make a ride next summer before anything stupid happens lol

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol. The ground thats funny. Cant realy say we are roughing it. We will be sleeping in our enclosed trailer that has some accommodations. Most importantly heat.
We have all ready been out a xouple times minus the tube buggy this year up to the snow. Thanksgiving weekend we got a xmas tree and with less than 6 inches on the dirt roads we had alittle trouble keeping up with the rzr. I swear he drives that thing like he just slambed his thumb in the door. The 2nd time was a little different. After multiple feet of snow and a really bitter cold snap we were in powder snow that i have only seen in colorado. We dont get the realy dry stuff like some of you. But i ended up breaking trail and packing the road for every one else. Cp aint joking when he was saying that its incredible where they can go in the snow. Every time i wanted to five the honda a break and let the rzr plow on he wouldn't be able to make much forward progress.

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That sounds awesome that's my kind of trip it's going to be fun either way! All those machines should be great. I think we're headed out into the abyss as well so let's make a pact we're both coming home! Need to make a ride next summer before anything stupid happens lol
You and the family got the powder flew now. Glad to see you guys can embrace and get enjoyment out of the cold

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You and the family got the powder flew now. Glad to see you guys can embrace and get enjoyment out of the cold

Trying! How far is the area your taking off from you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My kids tonight were telling me that they were too excited to sleep. I think that they almost are more excited than they were xmas eve

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's 45 mins one way from home. From where we are seting up camp its around 5 miles

That's cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I cant seem to figure out how to post a link from my phone. But search for high rock look out pics. On a clear day you can see 5 different mountains in the distance that are all above 10,000ft

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How far is the place you showed awhile back on your big buggy that looked so cool? It was all washed out big rolls

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!