P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Is it a 18 model with all the updates done
I was hoping no one would ask. It's a new 16 standard with a clutch upgrade request filed at time of purchase. Wanted 18 but it wasn't in the cards this time. Got 2500 off of this one and I figure the seat is the only real difference that we would use. Our first 16 had solid clutches at 1600 so I'm not too concerned but I want upgrade before I go with 30" tires

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lmao.. this is gunna be interesting! How does it feel compared to the other two and others you’ve driven?
Much more solid and jerky then PJ ever was. It's obviously not broke in yet but it did actually have oil change (at my request) but no real miles yet, they do feel much better otherwise I would've moved on to the next machine. I ran the hell out of it up and down the street before purchasing. I hope to be back in the higher percentage with a great machine. Looking forward to many miles. Oh ya and this one will be snorkeled immediately!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
But seriously.. I hope you have better luck with this one. You make me nervous!
I get it. But like like I've said we had no problems at all with the red one till the puddle that a sxs should have no problem splashing in. It was a great machine and took much more abuse then our last one. I'm hopeful to have the same luck with this one (snorkeled of course) as that one.
We just wanna get out and ride again with dependability. It's been over a year and a half since we could. It's about damn time:):)
Third times the charm.

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Much more solid and jerky then PJ ever was. It's obviously not broke in yet but it did actually have oil change (at my request) but no real miles yet, they do feel much better otherwise I would've moved on to the next machine. I ran the hell out of it up and down the street before purchasing. I hope to be back in the higher percentage with a great machine. Looking forward to many miles. Oh ya and this one will be snorkeled immediately!
Hey "jerky" is a good thing. It means no excessive slipping. Mine is either on or off and that's how I like it. I see people reporting smoother clutches after the upgrade and praising it. They obviously have no working experience with clutches.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey "jerky" is a good thing. It means no excessive slipping. Mine is either on or off and that's how I like it. I see people reporting smoother clutches after the upgrade and praising it. They obviously have no working experience with clutches.
I know. I like jerky! Means they are engaging quickly. Smooth wears it out. Still remember the day we brought PJ home and Ang talking how much better she liked it because it was so much smoother. Didn't work out the best.
It is time! Thank you so much, I'm happy to be back at it. And I stayed red throughout everything. Maybe I'm a fanboy after all, or at least know the best brand lol

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm sure glad to see another Honda in your garage (homemade work area). It looks like the Yamaha has suited you well but it's still not the same. I sure have enjoyed seeing the @CumminsPusher on everyone's thread and pics of your weekend adventures. I really like the play on the names. The puddle took out #2 (#1 1000). The clutch has been the detriment of #3. And I'm hoping the future #5 will be called "50K" because that's how many miles I hope you get on this one in the next 5 or 6 years. Probably a relief putting in all the extra work to make everything plug and play when you set up PJ. Keep the pics coming.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm sure glad to see another Honda in your garage (homemade work area). It looks like the Yamaha has suited you well but it's still not the same. I sure have enjoyed seeing the @CumminsPusher on everyone's thread and pics of your weekend adventures. I really like the play on the names. The puddle took out #2 (#1 1000). The clutch has been the detriment of #3. And I'm hoping the future #5 will be called "50K" because that's how many miles I hope you get on this one in the next 5 or 6 years. Probably a relief putting in all the extra work to make everything plug and play when you set up PJ. Keep the pics coming.
Thank you very much for the nice words. I'm sure she'll suit us just fine. I can't say how excited we really are. Where were riding for Xmas we've had a different Pioneer every year for 4 years,that stops now:) very excited!!!

J

JTW

That’s what has worried me about mine.. it’s been smooth from the get go. Of course I’ve gone thru a set of clutches but you know the story. Just a bit concerning when you know the issues and hear the speculation.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Finally ready for the woods. A bit scary without a winch but that'll take a second as it had multiple switches and ties in with the rear but finally got a winch on the Wolverine, and the Willy has one on the 500.
Looking better getting pumped up for the ride!
IMG 2023

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sad to see ol' PJ become a "donor ride" BUT it's really good knowing that the world is back in orbit
with "THE CUMINS PUNISHER" back in the saddle again!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!