P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It’s great to see Clutch back together! That intensive treatment program you put her through really straightened her out:confused:

Have you installed your custom cab?o_O Also going to need to see a video of the lights, whips, and stereo jammin when your ready:cool:
This coming weekend ride for Xmas we’re undecided if we’re running enclosure or not. It’s going to be like 30 degrees and we’ll be cruising with the Wolverine without so may not. Rode last year at -12 so this’ll be warmer, it’s up to the wife

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Under hood done. First time this Pioneer has had battery separator,remote and accessory on/off, and Bussmann fuse box. Still 2 relay and 2 fused circuits as seen coiled up. Everything pretty clean however it’ll get a once over to tighten it a bit. No arc/spark.
Kinda weird this was the first thing done in all of my other Pioneers but it’s a good feeling to have it back. Going to keep this one so it’s got to last:)
View attachment 97952
Those bussman boxes are great. They sure make wiring easier and cleaner.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Those bussman boxes are great. They sure make wiring easier and cleaner.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
They do! Nice to have all everything in one spot. It’s held up great it’s the same one we had over 4 years ago on our 700 so rig number 4

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got home to my daughter cleaning up Clutch. She said it looked done but was still dirty. :)
6E0BFDED 8822 46DD AF54 193D4D684367

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Maybe I should explain, my eldest son is getting married, thus I'm gaining a daughter and maybe a grand child, in the near future, I planed our whole landscaping around cooking in the kitchen and being able to see the kids playing in the yard out of the kitchen windows, I know exactly where the swing set, sand box will go! HA! Kiddie seat will go in the middle of Rooster of the front seat, beer will be replaced with juice drinks in the cooler, I'm pumped!!!!!!!!!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe I should explain, my eldest son is getting married, thus I'm gaining a daughter and maybe a grand child, in the near future, I planed our whole landscaping around cooking in the kitchen and being able to see the kids playing in the yard out of the kitchen windows, I know exactly where the swing set, sand box will go! HA! Kiddie seat will go in the middle of Rooster of the front seat, beer will be replaced with juice drinks in the cooler, I'm pumped!!!!!!!!!

As much as I love my children and as much fun as they were/are.....

grandchildren are so much better!!!!!!

Jiggs

Jiggs

Sep 11, 2018
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nose is buttoned up and everything scratched up or bent up is replaced. Got my new @joeymt33 snorkel installed however was able to reuse the aluminum tube but it was retextured. New hood and door skins installed looks a little naked for just a second, hurry up Walter lol.
Replacement wiper and Bosch blades for both installed. Looks a lot like it did originally (what the wife wanted) but she’s damage free for the first time since she first hit trails, getting there!
View attachment 98043
@Hondasxs need a new white HondaSxS decal for the windshield if possible:):)
I noticed that you are running the Big Horns on Clutch. Do you prefer them over other Tires/Sizes? Nice looking machine!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I noticed that you are running the Big Horns on Clutch. Do you prefer them over other Tires/Sizes? Nice looking machine!
Thank you! The tires now are 6ply 29” Bighorn copies for half the money. A friend had same tire with really good luck. I believe they should have better sidewall protection which was my only real complaint. They actually have wider and thicker tread, seem more beefy.
My favorite tire is Ripsaw because of toughness and longevity however they are garbage in snow/mud and that’s where the Bighorn shines. I have yet to find terrain the Bighorn isn’t good at it just had a habit of puncturing but I’m expecting to be much happier with the better ply rating and considering the price I’ll probably buy again. Most expensive doesn’t always mean better. Going into the woods this weekend as always I’ll report back good or bad.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!