BadMechanic

Sep 25, 2021
New York
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy

3. 500

4. 520
Ill take any savings I can get now. In CNY I filled up at 2.73 today. Its a little cheaper at some other places but convenience wise, thats where I went.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Backwoods
onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
Lots of truth spoken in this thread...here are the nuggets.
  1. NO. Prices are never going back down below pre-Covid. Labor and Materials are permanently inflated.
  2. Also better realize our Strategic Petroleum reserve is at 50 year lows and if a hurricane, hacker or flood takes out a refinery here in the states....we are F'd. Trump left the tanks full and Brandon has reduced our holdings by 65% to cover his stupidity on energy policy....seriously, if something major happened we would be out within 45 days.....and who would they beg for oil then? Can you say $10/15 a gallon at BEST? Whose fault would it be then?
  3. The gouging dealers now have inventory and may sell at MSRP after they sit on it for months. I told a couple who were selling $3-5K over sticker when I bought mine, their day would come and now it has. Let them sit on that inventory now. My dealer charged me MSRP which was fair given the shortage. A few hundred is one thing but thousands is a joke and I would never buy from those fools or let them service it.
  4. BTW...not only about the price, now you are going to deal with interest rates no one has seen in a decade..no more 0.9% or 2.9%...cash is king again, that is how I bought mine.
  5. All those who overpaid or impulse purchased are gonna get pinched.
I said from the beginning when this worthless Cox Yucker got elected and started doing stupid crap, that when people have had enough then they will wake up. When they finally realize the handouts are over, you shouldnt expect others to pay your student loan or mortgage and no one gives a damn whose fault it is (never Democrats who actually have been in charge for 3 years) they want to know what the solution is..... and you have Sh!ts and Giggles as the #1 and #2 to steer us out....hahahaha.

#FJB and Heels Up Harris. BTW...is Buttplug on Paternity leave again? Thought he was in charge of supply chain and airline crisis....what a freaking joke. I also will say Trump is Nuts...BUT he got results. This stuttering dickhead we have now is a complete freaking moron.

Happy New Year.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The reference to Rio Linda goes back to Rush's days doing radio in Sacramento. Rio Linda is a small community just north of Sac that has always been, shall we say, economically challenged. Rush would take a complex word, then explain it at an elementary school level so the people of Rio Linda would understand it.
Ah ha! Another fellow Dittohead’ Very well explained!. Thank you!

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Lots of truth spoken in this thread...here are the nuggets.
  1. NO. Prices are never going back down below pre-Covid. Labor and Materials are permanently inflated.
  2. Also better realize our Strategic Petroleum reserve is at 50 year lows and if a hurricane, hacker or flood takes out a refinery here in the states....we are F'd. Trump left the tanks full and Brandon has reduced our holdings by 65% to cover his stupidity on energy policy....seriously, if something major happened we would be out within 45 days.....and who would they beg for oil then? Can you say $10/15 a gallon at BEST? Whose fault would it be then?
  3. The gouging dealers now have inventory and may sell at MSRP after they sit on it for months. I told a couple who were selling $3-5K over sticker when I bought mine, their day would come and now it has. Let them sit on that inventory now. My dealer charged me MSRP which was fair given the shortage. A few hundred is one thing but thousands is a joke and I would never buy from those fools or let them service it.
  4. BTW...not only about the price, now you are going to deal with interest rates no one has seen in a decade..no more 0.9% or 2.9%...cash is king again, that is how I bought mine.
  5. All those who overpaid or impulse purchased are gonna get pinched.
I said from the beginning when this worthless Cox Yucker got elected and started doing stupid crap, that when people have had enough then they will wake up. When they finally realize the handouts are over, you shouldnt expect others to pay your student loan or mortgage and no one gives a damn whose fault it is (never Democrats who actually have been in charge for 3 years) they want to know what the solution is..... and you have Sh!ts and Giggles as the #1 and #2 to steer us out....hahahaha.

#FJB and Heels Up Harris. BTW...is Buttplug on Paternity leave again? Thought he was in charge of supply chain and airline crisis....what a freaking joke. I also will say Trump is Nuts...BUT he got results. This stuttering dickhead we have now is a complete freaking moron.

Happy New Year.
“ Lots of Truth spoken in this thread,Here are the nuggets”......
Then goes on personal opinions Rant ! 😭

T

TahoeMike

Feb 25, 2020
West Sacramento, California
Ownership

1. Talon X
FWIW, I bought a red Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe today. $500 off the MSRP of $19,499. Delivery fee of $1295. Ag sales tax at 2.25% instead of 7.25%. Various small registration and doc fees. No set up fee. OTD $20,929. I’ll add options as I go. Paid for it today. Picking it up on Jan 10 when I get back from a trip. Selling my 2019 Talon X to my friend. That will fund about 85% of this purchase.

32FEB69A 51A5 437F B2BD 5C2014E95797 B4D19087 F604 49F6 8876 B28060F43B99

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
FWIW, I bought a red Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe today. $500 off the MSRP of $19,499. Delivery fee of $1295. Ag sales tax at 2.25% instead of 7.25%. Various small registration and doc fees. No set up fee. OTD $20,929. I’ll add options as I go. Paid for it today. Picking it up on Jan 10 when I get back from a trip. Selling my 2019 Talon X to my friend. That will fund about 85% of this purchase.

View attachment 368056 View attachment 368057
Knocked $500 of MSRP but charged you $1200 for delivery. Haha. The Delivery prep/fee is usually about $400 to check the fluids and assemble the rollcage. So who came out ahead?

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
“ Lots of Truth spoken in this thread,Here are the nuggets”......
Then goes on personal opinions Rant ! 😭
Personal Rant? Do you think wages are going to decrease? Who working now is willing to work for less?
Are interest rates now higher than they were? Yes.
Are the dealers going to be able to gouge during a recession? No.
Do you not think when the layoffs start a lot of people are going to get repo'd or have to sell cheap?

But then again, Brandon said the economy is "strong as hell" despite a 22% decline this year in the market and a forecasted GDP growth for next year of <1%. Democrats....lowering the expectations bar and blaming GOP for everything that goes wrong. That is truth.

T

TahoeMike

Feb 25, 2020
West Sacramento, California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Knocked $500 of MSRP but charged you $1200 for delivery. Haha. The Delivery prep/fee is usually about $400 to check the fluids and assemble the rollcage. So who came out ahead?
I didn't communicate it clearly. The $1295 fee was standard from Honda. $895 Destination and $400 for freight surcharge. At least out here in Calif. This shop's set up fee is $999 but they waived that too and discounted $500 off MSRP. Salesman says that was his first discount on a Pioneer in 2 years. End of the month and having 3 identical units and the same deal from another dealer (further away) helped. Bottom line it was $20,929 all in out the door.

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
I didn't communicate it clearly. The $1295 fee was standard from Honda. $895 Destination and $400 for freight surcharge. At least out here in Calif. This shop's set up fee is $999 but they waived that too and discounted $500 off MSRP. Salesman says that was his first discount on a Pioneer in 2 years. End of the month and having 3 identical units and the same deal from another dealer (further away) helped. Bottom line it was $20,929 all in out the door.
No worries man and enjoy the new ride. If you are happy w/ what you paid that is ALL that matters, not the rantings of an over caffeinated knucklehead.

ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Used prices will come down.. NO dealer should be asking more then MSRP. Sold my 18 LE with 3600 miles for 18K CASH..Thats what I paid in 18. But now here I sit. "ordered" or "requested" a 22 1000-3 trail from my dealer who've ive bought 4 Pioneers from since 14 in March when they announced the 22's. Just got word Jan 5th has now turned into March 5th.....SO Honda rep told him shortage of parts for the trail editions...

About 2 weeks ago he was at our butcher shop to buy meat, told me he was listening to a podcast from the Powersports Auction House. (where dealers can buy other dealers inventory) Used UTV prices have dropped 30% since April.....I believe it 100%

Facebook Marketplace is flooded with UTVs, i've never seen soo many used Pioneers before. Guys asking 21K for a 17 1000-5 with roof windshield and winch. New machines are out there at dealers (not the trail or forest models!!). I regret selling mine soo early but I could never get what I got for it now. From what ive learned over the past yr waiting, dealers have no clue what they are getting. Its a Pioneer, color,trim,seats, seems to be whatever Big H wants to send them. Hell he called me today asking if I wanted a 6 seater cuz thats what just showed up!!

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Brandon will tell you it is Putin or Trumps fault....unless it is still covid causing it.
The effects of the pandemic will be affecting supply chains for some time to come yet.
Hopefully everybody pulls out of China’s economy and prevents this from happening again.

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Prices seem to be coming down, Ive been seeing a lot of NEW 2021/22 KRX's selling under MSRP. Ive also noticed Talons are falling in price also, My Inlaws bought a 1000R for MSRP and haven't been able to sell it because you can get a new one for the price they paid.

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Honda may catch by the end of this year. With financing increases sales will decline especially on the higher priced models. I have bought 21 side by sides, mostly Hondas. The Stupid high price my dealer wanted cost them my business. I drove 50 miles and bought my 2022 Pioneer 520 for $980 less. There is over 100 in our Tuesday ride group, and they won't be buying from our local dealer. My dealer is dishonest and that makes it worse. They have 2 Honda's, 11 Kawasaki's, 42 Can-Am's, and 48 Polaris side by sides in stock. This year will be interesting with about half of them 2022 models. The high-priced Can-Am and Polaris Turbo's probably won't sell well unless you ride the sand dunes. Most cost $10,000 more than the Talon.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!