P1000 Thinking I've got a lemon...

J

John_S

Lifetime Member
Dec 27, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is going to piggy back on several other threads I am currently seeing. As I posted before I had an issue with my 2018P1000/3 LE (~50hours) which took 2 weeks at the dealer and a new ECM to correct. When i got it back it was running, but this past weekend while spraying my fenceline the machine quit while idling and I could not get it restarted. After a walk back to the barn I toed it back with my tractor. I was able to restart it the following morning, but the same issue as others are having, rough idling, clunks while placing in gear, lurching and stalling. This is not what I expected from a Honda. I'm wondering if I could/should withhold payment on this until it is sorted out. Very disappointing to see so may others having similar issues,

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Drained battery to much with sprayer or bad frame ground back by engine check all connections and charge battery these do not like low voltage add 2nd battery

J

John_S

Lifetime Member
Dec 27, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Are the charging systems that weak on these machines that it cannot support a 12 volt sprayer while running? I'll check battery voltage (do not have a load tester) and recharge, then see how it does.

Reactions: BWAF and Biteme
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are the charging systems that weak on these machines that it cannot support a 12 volt sprayer while running? I'll check battery voltage (do not have a load tester) and recharge, then see how it does.
It isn't the charging system as much as a sensitive transmission. When voltage drops, the transmission does weird things.

Reactions: BWAF and Biteme
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No but if you had bad connections it wasn't charging right

Reactions: Biteme

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!