P1000m3 Thoughts On Buying A 1000-3 Deluxe

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly. That old Mule done everything I needed/wanted, I just got tired of working on it. Who knows, I may even end up with a Pioneer 700-2 seater deluxe. That would be a step-up from the Mule also.
I just can’t see spending all that money for something I really don’t “need.”
I use my "Man's Formula for Toys and Tools Purchase Decisions", no value can be zero or negative:

Want X Need = Buy

You can see that a little bit of need and a lot of want = Buy!
Conversely, lots of need and even a small amount of want = Buy!

Oh, and tools are off budget as far as a man's "toy account" is concerned. A tool is defined as anything that can be used to make money. Doesn't much matter if it ever does, just having the potential to make a buck is good enough.

Some guys go through life single too, don't need a woman . . . thankfully that ain't me! Married (52 years now), and there's no denying I've spent a LOT of money on her over the years. "Need"? I dunno, probably so. The secret to our long marriage, I tell her every morning, "I love you, honey!", she says, "You can't afford a divorce!".

K

Kurt

Jan 16, 2018
Brandenburg, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you can find a 1000 5 I personally would go that route. If you don't need the back seats you can always remove the back section of the roll cage and put a 1000 3 roof on. Friend of mine did this then grandkids came along so he co verted back to a 5 seater. Just had to buy a different roof. Just gives you more options and resale is better for the 5.

W

Walterr

May 26, 2021
Orem, UT
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'll give a contrasting opinion. I have a 700-4 and it is perfect for what I need. I only drive it on pavement to the gas station once in a while. Never heard a chirp from the tires. My trail riding is restricted to slow and go because of the terrain involved. The 700-4 has always had all the power I needed and does things easily I'm not sure I should be doing! The small size has been nice for difficult spots. The convertible back seats are amazing. With them folded down, people don't realize that there are decent seats hidden in there!

If you want to go pavement speeds, the 700 is likely not for you. Tops out at around 35mph and is very loud at that speed.

TTaylor

TTaylor

Oct 26, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I love my P700-4 Deluxe! Windshield, Winch, Roof, and Snow blade. Pushes snow (deep wet heavy snow in Kansas) with ease. I really like the option of the rear pop-up seats. The kids may want to ride when they get tired of riding on their own. I wanted the 700-4 for a smaller footprint, but to do it all over again, I would definitely get the P1000-5. More power and additional options. Really though.... anything you pick in the Honda line will be good. Just depends on your wants and needs. :)

L

Lukeruger

Oct 3, 2021
Ft Madison Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’m still on the fence on either the 700-4 deluxe in camo or the 1000-3 deluxe in red. It is a tough decision and I truly appreciate all the responses here, and I want them to keep coming. I will definitely post pictures once I make a purchase. I’m leaning more towards the 1000-3 deluxe but still undecided.
Here’s the deal. I have a 9 year old son, a 6 year old daughter and a 14 year old step son. My daughter can ride in the front between me and my girlfriend, my son has his own Honda TRX90, and my step son can ride my Honda Foreman.
What do I do, oh what do I do?? It’s driving me nuts! 😂
Thanks for all the comments!
I have a p7 and love it does everything I need it to do,narrow enough to go on about any trails.

D

Dejay22

Jul 10, 2020
Jacksonville, IL
Ownership

1. Talon X
Hello, this is my 2nd post here on the site. I’m thinking of buying a new Pioneer 1000-3 Deluxe in red. I’m also considering the 700-2 Deluxe or 700-4 Deluxe.
I’m not sure which one to buy. I don’t need a 1000 but I like the options it has compared to a 700 (turf mode/H/L vs. only drive and reverse on the 700).
This will be a very costly investment for me so I have to get it right the 1st time. I don’t want to settle for something I don’t want. The only other side by side I’ve had was a Kawasaki Mule 2510. It did all I needed to do but I got tired of working on it so I sold it.
The accessories I plan to purchase and have installed are a winch, windshield, and roof. Possibly some c.v. boot guards also. Maybe even a good quality sound bar.
What are your thoughts/opinions?
Thanks

Go with the P1000, dont even give it a second thought.

Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2020 1k5 Deluxe and love it...I also have a grizzly 450 4 wheeler and always regretted not buying the bigger one (700 at the time) so the 1000 was the only choice when I bought a sxs...Its nice to have power steering and the 5 passenger capability as i have 2 kids. As others have said the LED headlights on the deluxe are great and you get nicer wheels and tires. As far as prices, check around, they seem to vary alot, at least where I am. Higher volume dealers tend to be more flexible on pricing. I ended up getting mine 3 1/2 hours from where i live and i saved $6000 so it was definitely worth the drive...I have never driven a 700 so I cant speak for them but there are a couple negatives to the 1k...They are physically bigger and can be somewhat of a hindrance when trying to operate in tight areas. They also dont turn as tight as you think they should. But the turf mode and 6 speed trans are very nice to have. If you cant decide, I would say drive both if possible and see which you like better, just my 2 cents.....Best of luck!

J

Jdtomsko

Sep 22, 2021
Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m still on the fence on either the 700-4 deluxe in camo or the 1000-3 deluxe in red. It is a tough decision and I truly appreciate all the responses here, and I want them to keep coming. I will definitely post pictures once I make a purchase. I’m leaning more towards the 1000-3 deluxe but still undecided.
Here’s the deal. I have a 9 year old son, a 6 year old daughter and a 14 year old step son. My daughter can ride in the front between me and my girlfriend, my son has his own Honda TRX90, and my step son can ride my Honda Foreman.
What do I do, oh what do I do?? It’s driving me nuts! 😂
Thanks for all the comments!
I just bought a p1000-3 but not the deluxe and love it decided not to get the deluxe because honestly don’t really need premium wheels or the red that is just going to get scratched.

6D2B4F13 AA5F 4A97 882D 810394C68AC4

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just bought a p1000-3 but not the deluxe and love it decided not to get the deluxe because honestly don’t really need premium wheels or the red that is just going to get scratched.

View attachment 298696
That one isn't yours! Thats a file pic! No fair!!! 😂
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!🥳

Sarbuck

Sarbuck

Sep 29, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are other advantages to the 1000-5 over the 1000-3. You get a full roof which will keep your gear or dogs (if you have them) dry. You also get two side doors, that are super handy for loading dogs or other items. And you have that flexibility to all ride together if you want. I also use ours around the property for all kinds of yardwork, and the rear roll bars don't seem to be an issue. I'm hauling and dumping stuff on a regular basis.

All the Honda SXS's are good machines, but if up to me...1000 is better in every way than 700, and 1000-5 is better than 1000-3 for the reasons above, and for reasons others have already stated. I agree it is worth waiting and saving to step up to the 5 seater or 3 seater 1000.

Good luck in any case...you'll be a happy camper no matter what you choose.

M

MKelly Dixon

Jun 8, 2021
Niota, Tn.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2020 1000-5 deluxe. Looked at the 700-4. I’m so glad I bought the 1000. That extra room is well worth it. I can ride 4 adults and 2 kids and not feel cramped. It’s an amazing machine!!! I don’t think you would regret it.

Sted1201

Sted1201

Jan 4, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On my 7th SxS. I started with an EasyGo, then a JD Gator, 2 kawasaki mules, 3 Rangers 700,900,1000 (you couldn’t pay me to own another Polaris Ranger)and finally the Honda Pioneer 1000-5. The best UTV hands down I have ever owned. These were worked and hunted hard on a farm. I wore them out before selling them, except for the ranger 900 that literally burst into flames while riding it. Honda is the best experience so far, 3 yrs in

8AF134F4 C9F5 4259 8CBA C11C284EF9B1

N

n3v3rl8

Jul 28, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
I own a P700. I love it. It's not as fast nor as tricked out as the 1000, but it weighs less so getting it places is a lot easier when trailering. For me the decision came down to this. I already own a Jeep Rubicon 2 dr, it's far nicer than any side by side and will go anywhere. The P700 works great around the farm and trailers real nice and light. I use the thing constantly around the house and property. It's top speed is 43 mph which is fine for trail riding and yard work. If I need to do anything more aggressive, I detach the trailer from the jeep and use it. The 1000 is for people that probably would get more utility and happiness if they just spent more and got a jeep.

R

Rroberts

Dec 20, 2020
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea I was having the same thoughts. I went with the 1000-3 for a couple of reasons. I wanted a two cylinder engine because they seem smoother. All of the 1000-3 rigs come with power steering. If you ever want a little bigger tire and pack more on your rig the 1000 engine won’t have to work as hard. We just went on a ride at Wolf Pen Gap. We were in the mountains and my 1000-3 was great. The engine braking was so good I would sometimes shift up into 2nd so I wasn’t moving so slow on down hill trails.
If you buy the 1000 from the start, you will never have to say “I should have bought the 1000”.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The 1000 is for people that probably would get more utility and happiness if they just spent more and got a jeep.
A Jeep would be huge overkill for me for how I would/will use it, but the Pioneer is perfect.

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was thinking about a jeep but unless you find a good used one that isn't beat to junk they can be alot more expensive I think and not as nimble on trails that are ideal for a P1000. I was also thinking of a Mahindra Roxor but sounds like if you need parts to repair they are hard to get. At least they are for Mahindra tractors. I know someone who has one and has had issues finding parts anywhere.

Jaybee1013

Jaybee1013

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The advantages of the 1000 over the 700 are almost too numerous to mention. We have a 1000-5 LE. My so in law has the 700-5. It’s narrower, slower, six speed transmission in mine over the three speed. The little extra money for the 1000 will be worth it in the long run.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!