Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I pretty much already know what my problem is but I figured I would check here to see if anyone has any advice before I take it to the dealer.

We had our first real snowfall today here in Wisconsin (6-8" and drifting). I was all excited to try out my new KFI Plow and clear my driveway. So I went out to the barn and and started it. It idled well and I let is set for about a minute before I put it in low and hit the gas to leave the barn. I gave it some throttle and nothing.

I hit the pedal again nearly full throttle this time and there was a pop and the Pioneer lurched forward. I hit the brakes and the engine light started to flash and it began to rev up and down. I shut it off and tried to restart it again. It began to rev up and down and the engine light was flashing. The shift indicator also displayed a dash (-) instead of a letter like normal regardless of the gear selector position. I was able to back the unit back into the barn.

I disconnected the battery and tried again with the same results. I watched the flashes and determined the code was 102. I called the dealer and was told this code relates to a discrepancy between the throttle and pedal position.

So it seems to me like the throttle cable is seized up. I can return the butterfly to the neutral position and it will start fine and idle but it will stick in an open position upon hitting the gas and releasing. I can't seem to get enough slack to disconnect the throttle cable at the engine and I don't want to break the plastic clip that holds the cable to the pedal. I tried messing with the adjuster under the seat but the pedal side wouldn't spin.

I was wondering if any of you had tips that could get me up and running again as last time I took it in for warranty work the machine was in the shop for 3 weeks and with Christmas coming I feel it may be worse this time. I would really like be able to plow with it as my lawn mower with a plow does not work very well (hence my upgrade to the pioneer this year).

Reactions: Lady01
R

Rancilio

Dec 1, 2019
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a similar situation. Pulled my 2016 1000-5 out of the garage, drove for 5min, stopped for 5min with it idling, got in, pressed pedal to go and nothing. Help please.

Reactions: Lady01
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a similar situation. Pulled my 2016 1000-5 out of the garage, drove for 5min, stopped for 5min with it idling, got in, pressed pedal to go and nothing. Help please.
Start a thread with your issues and you might get some help. This dude hasn't been on theis site in over 3 years.

Reactions: Lady01 and Rancilio
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!