Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I pretty much already know what my problem is but I figured I would check here to see if anyone has any advice before I take it to the dealer.

We had our first real snowfall today here in Wisconsin (6-8" and drifting). I was all excited to try out my new KFI Plow and clear my driveway. So I went out to the barn and and started it. It idled well and I let is set for about a minute before I put it in low and hit the gas to leave the barn. I gave it some throttle and nothing.

I hit the pedal again nearly full throttle this time and there was a pop and the Pioneer lurched forward. I hit the brakes and the engine light started to flash and it began to rev up and down. I shut it off and tried to restart it again. It began to rev up and down and the engine light was flashing. The shift indicator also displayed a dash (-) instead of a letter like normal regardless of the gear selector position. I was able to back the unit back into the barn.

I disconnected the battery and tried again with the same results. I watched the flashes and determined the code was 102. I called the dealer and was told this code relates to a discrepancy between the throttle and pedal position.

So it seems to me like the throttle cable is seized up. I can return the butterfly to the neutral position and it will start fine and idle but it will stick in an open position upon hitting the gas and releasing. I can't seem to get enough slack to disconnect the throttle cable at the engine and I don't want to break the plastic clip that holds the cable to the pedal. I tried messing with the adjuster under the seat but the pedal side wouldn't spin.

I was wondering if any of you had tips that could get me up and running again as last time I took it in for warranty work the machine was in the shop for 3 weeks and with Christmas coming I feel it may be worse this time. I would really like be able to plow with it as my lawn mower with a plow does not work very well (hence my upgrade to the pioneer this year).

Reactions: Lady01
R

Rancilio

Dec 1, 2019
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a similar situation. Pulled my 2016 1000-5 out of the garage, drove for 5min, stopped for 5min with it idling, got in, pressed pedal to go and nothing. Help please.

Reactions: Lady01
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a similar situation. Pulled my 2016 1000-5 out of the garage, drove for 5min, stopped for 5min with it idling, got in, pressed pedal to go and nothing. Help please.
Start a thread with your issues and you might get some help. This dude hasn't been on theis site in over 3 years.

Reactions: Lady01 and Rancilio
Status
Not open for further replies.