Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just bent my first one - well the boy did it cutting a corner too close to a tree and clipped it with the tire.

Has anyone successfully removed the tire rod and bent it back, reinstalled, just to survive the weekend?

Of course no one around here has them in stock. Even if I overnight one, not till Tuesday because of the holiday weekend. I became complacent because I have stock 27" tires with a stock suspension, so I figured no way I'm bending a tie rod. Wrong. I'm buying an extra for the tool kit. Looks like I'm gonna lose this weekend to ride.

When bending one back straight, just remember that a bent tie rod can break an axle. I’ve seen guys try to get a little further down the trail and then the tie rod bend more or break and then pop goes the CV. A $20 dollar tie rod and 20 minutes could have saved a $240 axle.

We bent one and straightened it like 2-3 times on @snuffnwhisky rig trying to get to a level spot to change it.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
When bending one back straight, just remember that a bent tie rod can break an axle. I’ve seen guys try to get a little further down the trail and then the tie rod bend more or break and then pop goes the CV. A $20 dollar tie rod and 20 minutes could have saved a $240 axle.

We bent one and straightened it like 2-3 times on @snuffnwhisky rig trying to get to a level spot to change it.

Well said Joey
My daughter bent a tie rod in a ditch then trashed a axle trying to get out.

Reactions: JTW and joeymt33
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!