P1000 Tie rod upgrade?

ohiohunter

ohiohunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2016
Minerva Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah. I just ordered two stock tie rod assemblies (one spare and one replacement). Maybe if I bend another one I will look at making my own set.... anyone know the pitch on our tie rods?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Where did you order them from?

Toyhauler33

Toyhauler33

Lifetime Member
Jan 29, 2016
Mid Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Motosport... $46 shipped

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: ohiohunter
Jmildoc

Jmildoc

Oct 15, 2017
Martinsville IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just fixed a bent one today after my wife decided to take a not so sober ride through the woods last night. Only had it a week and first injury. I bent it back with my press and ordered a spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dilligaff82
perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
OK I bent one and the shock and the lower a arm. So has any one bent the lower a arm and top of shock? hit a hole and it was a bad one! will stay with stock tie rod and replace a arms with superatv I think high clearance to move the hub forward 1.5 inches so I can put 30's on. any feed back?

thank perry have not had a problem with mine, and I have over 4000 miles love to ride.

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK I bent one and the shock and the lower a arm. So has any one bent the lower a arm and top of shock? hit a hole and it was a bad one! will stay with stock tie rod and replace a arms with superatv I think high clearance to move the hub forward 1.5 inches so I can put 30's on. any feed back?

thank perry have not had a problem with mine, and I have over 4000 miles love to ride.
Good move on the SATV A-arms and I agree with staying stock on the tie rods. Hate to say it but you may as well upgrade the shocks makes a BIG difference!
If not I'm sure someone here has an extra shock laying around.

Reactions: Remington
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I bent the upper a-arm but not the shock.

perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Good move on the SATV A-arms and I agree with staying stock on the tie rods. Hate to say it but you may as well upgrade the shocks makes a BIG difference!
If not I'm sure someone here has an extra shock laying around.
looking for fox shocks not. Rocking mountain has them but there are high. looked on eBay and amazon and a full set is 1399.95, always have trouble with rocky mountain they are just stupid!!!

Reactions: Ragnar406
M

Mahaffey380

Apr 3, 2019
Union Grove NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bent my tie rod Anna beat it back pretty close straight with a hammer just align the front end backup to do some Easy Riding, on the fence about upgrading or not heard a lot of you talking about keeping a spare and changing your them on the Trail I have not changed one but I was thinking it was going to be a b**** to get to the area where the boot is to remove it.

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just bent my first one - well the boy did it cutting a corner too close to a tree and clipped it with the tire.

Has anyone successfully removed the tire rod and bent it back, reinstalled, just to survive the weekend?

Of course no one around here has them in stock. Even if I overnight one, not till Tuesday because of the holiday weekend. I became complacent because I have stock 27" tires with a stock suspension, so I figured no way I'm bending a tie rod. Wrong. I'm buying an extra for the tool kit. Looks like I'm gonna lose this weekend to ride.

Last edited:
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just bent my first one - well the boy did it cutting a corner too close to a tree and clipped it with the tire.

Has anyone successfully removed the tire rod and bent it back just to survive the weekend?

Of course no one around here has them in stock. Even if I overnight one, not till Tuesday because of the holiday weekend. I became complacent because I have stock 27" tires with a stock suspension, so I figured no way I'm bending a tie rod. Wrong. I'm buying an extra for the tool kit. Looks like I'm gonna lose this weekend to ride.
If you were closer to me, I'd meet up with a spare for you. Hit the member map, start sending PM's to guys in your area.
Guys have bent them back, but it usually doesn't last long. Maybe try sleeving it a bit to help end your weekend.

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you were closer to me, I'd meet up with a spare for you. Hit the member map, start sending PM's to guys in your area.
Guys have bent them back, but it usually doesn't last long. Maybe try sleeving it a bit to help end your weekend.

What are guys sleeving them with? I was thinking a blow torch and bench vise.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hit a local HD or Lowes. Maybe split a piece of steel pipe or copper tubing to wrap an inch on either side of the bend?
Could use a piece of small 1/2x1/2 angle iron tacked onto it to hold it straight.
Lots of way to not ruin your weekend.

Reactions: JTW
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are guys sleeving them with? I was thinking a blow torch and bench vise.
I would be careful of using too much heat. but a vise and a hammer should get it straight enough to ride this weekend.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Turnkey UTV Honda Pioneer 1000 Tie Rod Kit
Item# tk-HP1KTR
Write a Review
$319.95$289.95You Save - $-30.00 (-10%)
Am I reading this wrong? $319 marked up from $289 and you save? Check the ad

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Has anyone successfully removed the tire rod and bent it back, reinstalled, just to survive the weekend?

Get on the phone with RMATV/MC. I believe they ship usps. If you arrange it, you might be able to have them delivered tomorrow.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!