Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I can’t get @CumminsPusher to go ride ;)
You have been bugging me last couple weeks I’m sorry. We’ve made it up camping 4 times and 3 day trips this year already though.
It’s on like Donkey Kong in two weeks! Doubt we’ll miss a weekend till mid November this year! We both have two solid machines...let the good times roll!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 71002

I dropped off the 5seater at the local Honda dealer on March 6th. Here it is April 5th and I still don't have it back yet. WTF??? Please tell me what I'm missing here,
1) Dealer said that it had to be dropped off and inspected before they could order parts from Honda . Seems crazy to me, shouldn't all the replacement parts be the same?
2) Why does the parts shipment/availability from Honda take so long? With an ongoing recall/upgrade campaign underway, wouldn't you think that Honda would have the parts produced and available for the dealers?
3) Should I have just waited till/if the machine had issues before before bringing it in for the upgrade?

Im damn sure not doing the 3seater anytime soon. This delay on parts from Honda is bulls***.
The dealers that say they need to inspect it first are full of s***. I called 3, and none of them said that.

Heres how its supposed to work.

1.They order the clutch update kit (new cover and such)

2. They call you when said parts arrive and you drop off machine

3. They call the next day and say it's done come get it.

4.... IF.... They are doing the work and see the clutches are burnt they order clutches at that time and replace.

Done deal

I refused to take mine in until parts were in hand ready to install. I think some dealers are either getting the run around or not trying because some dealers are getting parts much faster than others.

P.S if they had mine that long I would say they owe me equal value of 1 months payment on a p1k5.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
o_Oo_OUpdate on the clutch upgrade debacle,

- Monday will be coming on 6wks at dealer
- Dropped it off on 3/7
- Was told it would be 2 weeks, maybe 3
- Dealer said that they had to inspect the machine before they could/ would order parts from Honda
- Checked with dealer end of week three. Dealer failed to order parts. Was told they would expedite parts order.
- Checked week 4, parts not ordered by dealer, gave dealer attitude adjustment and made them call Honda in my presence to order parts and send expedited shipping.
- Parts arrived on Monday week 5 , dealer scheduled install for Friday of same week.
- Checked with dealer Friday, was told that the service reguest was not dispatched to a service tech and the work was not done. Was promised by service manager that work would be complete today.
- Wife and I went there today to pick the machine up. The machine was not ready as promised. Was told that now the clutch pack was fried and that there were issues with the transmission, and they had no idea how to fix it. That have to contact Honda for support Monday. Obviously they installed the upgrade kit incorrectly.

This is a machine with 38miles on it and had no issues when I dropped it off at dealer. I quess I should have taken it home before we got to this point. I was just so busy with our move here and had no rides scheduled, I kinda lost track of how long this has been going on. This was just supposed to be an easy clutch upgrade install.

Went ballistic at the dealer, even made them call the owner of the dealership at his home and reamed his ass. Meeting with them Monday!

Will be contacting Honda corporate to file a complaint and start a claim .

@CumminsPusher , you might have to come post bail Monday o_O

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

- Dropped it off on 3/7
- Dealer said that they had to inspect the machine before they could/ would order parts from Honda
- Checked with dealer end of week three. Dealer failed to order parts. Was told they would expedite parts order.
- Checked week 4, parts not ordered by dealer, gave dealer attitude adjustment and made them call Honda in my presence to order parts and send expedited shipping.
- Parts arrived on Monday week 5 , dealer scheduled install for Friday of same week.
- Checked with dealer Friday, was told that the service reguest was not dispatched to a service tech and the work was not done. Was promised by service manager that work would be complete today.
- Wife and I went there today to pick the machine up. The machine was not ready as promised. Was told that now the clutch pack was fried and that there were issues with the transmission, and they had no idea how to fix it. That have to contact Honda for support Monday. Obviously they installed the upgrade kit incorrectly.

This is a machine with 38miles on it and had no issues when I dropped it off at dealer. I quess I should have taken it home before we got to this point. I was just so busy with our move here and had no rides scheduled, I kinda lost track of how long this has been going on. This was just supposed to be an easy clutch upgrade install.

Went ballistic at the dealer, even made them call the owner of the dealership at his home and reamed his ass. Meeting with them Monday!

Man that sucks!! I hope they can get it hashed out and made right. I know all about s***ty dealerships.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

- Dropped it off on 3/7

It pisses me off that some get their clutch kit installed perfectly in one day and then you hear stories like this from others! I’m still waiting on my setup since I bought mine in December under the condition that I’d have a kit right away. Honda needs to figure a way that all of their customers that pay big money for these machines get the same treatment. It’s bulls*** brother I’m sorry for your issues.
If needed I will post bail, that’s a worthy cause,someone needs their ass beat.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

- Dropped it off on 3/7

Holy f***! Me and the owner would be Having a "come to jesus" meeting. With only 38 miles and they fffffed it up I would be demanding they trade it out for a brand new one. Hard telling what damage they've done. Time to let out your inner ass hole and make some heads roll. This is total BS!

Spending thousands on a brand new machine you can't use is unacceptable.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Update,

Went to dealer to kindly explain how unhappy I am about this issue. After I made it clear that having my buggy for 5 wks was unacceptable, when I was told it would be 2 wks, we got the district Honda rep on phone. After I gave him a little attitude adjustmento_O, the parts will be shipped express and will be in the dealers hands for them to install Monday .

This is bulls***. I dropped farm rig off at 9 o’clock in the morning and picked it up at 4 PM the same day!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Holy f***! Me and the owner would be Having a "come to jesus" meeting. With only 38 miles and they fffffed it up I would be demanding they trade it out for a brand new one. Hard telling what damage they've done. Time to let out your inner ass hole and make some heads roll. This is total BS!

Spending thousands on a brand new machine you can't use is unacceptable.

“Time to unleash your inner asshole!” Is there a patent on that phrase? I sure would like to use it sometimes

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

- Dropped it off on 3/7

s*** like this is exactly why im afraid to take mine in. Take in a.perfectly good machine come out with a fuked up mess cause joe shmo dont know his ass from a whole in the ground qhen it come to workin on a rig.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Since I have to drive over 2 hours each way, I made an appointment for first thing in the morning and told them that I would be hanging around their place while it was being fixed. In at 9. Out at 1:30.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
20180508 103638
20180508 103648
20180508 103710

Ok @Eltobgi , the Red Baron is almost ready to meet the Beast. Build thread to come, just a little preview!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!