BOX1

tilt engine cut off

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
ok i was watching some of the old pioneer takeover videos and then with my recent roll. i cranked it back up at around 50 degrees. but i also ran at about 60degrees in another spot with my roll bar on the ground in a ditch. is there a yr they put the cut off in or does anyone know what angle they are set at?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I believe the consensus was that the 700...the 2014 model at least, doesn't have a tilt kill.

I believe someone who had rolled onto the side on FB or one of the forums confirmed that the engine kept running until he shut it off. There is also nothing in the service manual about it.

Don't know about the 2015 and up.

Last edited:
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I believe the consensus was that 700...the 2014 model at least, doesn't have a tilt kill.

I believe someone who had rolled onto the side on FB or one of the forums confirmed that the engine kept running until he shut it off. There is also nothing in the service manual about it.

Don't know about the 2015 and up.
ah that would explain it. cause i had to cut mine off as well

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
I can confirm, 14' 700 does not have a tilt cut-off. Engine ran until I turned the key.

91D9C0D4 F021 43FB A17D 49EBA6E82FB6

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have confirmed 1000 has an oil level sensor that will cut it off. Most prominent when on the tilted on the driver's side.
Assume Talon would be the same.
Unsure about the 500/700's.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
We have confirmed 1000 has an oil level sensor that will cut it off. Most prominent when on the tilted on the driver's side.
Assume Talon would be the same.
Unsure about the 500/700's.
Think the 500 and 700 are the same as the atv equivalents. Seen a couple videos but never watched them cause mine never cut off. But if its an oil sensor. I wonder if just running a hair high on oil would help the angle any.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've drained the oil completely before and ran mine (Flushing out water). Where is this sensor??

They have a tilt/angle sensor... def not an oil level sensor because my 2021 1K5 runs with the drain plug out.
Good question. Unless yours is faulty. I wish i knew lol

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

kamikaze

kamikaze

Jul 2, 2020
Linden, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Says the guy named Kamikaze! LOL!!! 🛬

haha! Yes, things get wild around here! I recently sank my 2021 P1K5 (less than 20hrs/100miles on the clock) in some quicksand mix up to the headrest. We broke the 6K lb winch cable, 6 atv's tied together couldn't get it out and we ended up having to get it out with an excavator... Insurance deemed it a total loss and I bought it back. IF YOU DON'T HAVE INSURANCE GET IT!!

Crazy story, once the quick sand came up to the pedals it mashed the throttle and it was in gear... It stayed in the hole for a good 30-45 minutes almost at full throttle, which only made it sink faster. We couldn't get it out of gear and I didn't want to cut it off while the exhaust was under... It's snorkeled over the roof and it only cut off because the main 40A fuse blew for some reason. Water ended up coming in the exhaust and filled the engine. Got it running and I'm still in the process of flushing it out. It tends to pump more fluid out when you run it for a few seconds with the plug out. Been filling it with diesel and running it for a few, draining it and repeating the process. Almost have it back to 100%. The display no longer works so have to replace that but it's getting there.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
haha! Yes, things get wild around here! I recently sank my 2021 P1K5 (less than 20hrs/100miles on the clock) in some quicksand mix up to the headrest. We broke the 6K lb winch cable, 6 atv's tied together couldn't get it out and we ended up having to get it out with an excavator... Insurance deemed it a total loss and I bought it back. IF YOU DON'T HAVE INSURANCE GET IT!!

Crazy story, once the quick sand came up to the pedals it mashed the throttle and it was in gear... It stayed in the hole for a good 30-45 minutes almost at full throttle, which only made it sink faster. We couldn't get it out of gear and I didn't want to cut it off while the exhaust was under... It's snorkeled over the roof and it only cut off because the main 40A fuse blew for some reason. Water ended up coming in the exhaust and filled the engine. Got it running and I'm still in the process of flushing it out. It tends to pump more fluid out when you run it for a few seconds with the plug out. Been filling it with diesel and running it for a few, draining it and repeating the process. Almost have it back to 100%. The display no longer works so have to replace that but it's getting there.
Yeah... I'd say that qualifies your screen name pretty good! Got any pics of that chaos???

Reactions: Isaiah and Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!