Tinker

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Last night got drive gear off installed new one lost a washer and bolt in my shop for about 2 hours that was sitting on a table in front of me. Anyhow since I have it apart here are some modifications I have tried for heat and sound. Hopefully I can get the rear casing of engine back on tomorrow and see if she chooches. Still waiting for A arms though :(.

Image1 Image2 Image3 Image4 Image6 Image7

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You certainly met and conquered the challenge!

Reactions: moparornocar
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well unfortunately it seems that I have done something wrong to the rig, won't run acts like clutch is slipping, dies when putting it in gear, won't shift. Sigh I guess maybe I'll see you guys next year, what I get for pushing the limits.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. That stinks.

Reactions: sharp and pct
J

JTW

Well been pretty upset thought I really messed something up but turns out after some thought I turned the selector in the gear motor housing backwards this would place pressure and make the motor unable to switch gears. Today I drove 8 hours to pick up arched A arms because shipping would have taken to long. The rig is sitting around n lift with no tires soon to have some new shoes and legs! I may make it after all
FREAK'N nuts!!! You're just FREAK'N nuts!!!

J

JTW

Now the question is do I risk trying to get ball joints out of stock? Do dealerships have ball joints? Do I go for broke since I drove 8 hrs for arched A arms and didn't think about the ball joints?
Lmao... go for it!

Reactions: pct
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Now the question is do I risk trying to get ball joints out of stock? Do dealerships have ball joints? Do I go for broke since I drove 8 hrs for arched A arms and didn't think about the ball joints?

I have some stock ball joints. Where are you located? I'm in North Alabama

(Delton) "I HATE light scratches too. Makes me think I left some fun on the table. So I go back out there and cover them up with deep scratches. Works every time lol."

Reactions: sharp and pct
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good Luck Man you deserve it but most dealers won't have the ball joints one are the same as a 4 wheeler but I can't remember which ones the top or bottom I'm thinking the the top is the same but don't hold me to it I hope you get it all together

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Can't believe I've missed this entire thread. Rig looks great man! What's the top end going to be with the IGR on it? You're gonna need that speed on the ROTC.

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would guess it should be close to stock keep us up to date I don't know how you are doing all this and getting rest too HaHa

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks Great now go enjoy it

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Front tires!

(Delton) "I HATE light scratches too. Makes me think I left some fun on the table. So I go back out there and cover them up with deep scratches. Works every time lol."

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!