BOX1

P500 Tip Out Windshild molding

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
The passenger side molding on my Tip Out Windshild got pulled off by a vine my first time out. Now it will not stay on. Thought about using 3M trim adhesive or something like it but I am afraid I may not be able to remove the trim at a later date if needed. Any thoughts or ideas?

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The passenger side molding on my Tip Out Windshild got pulled off by a vine my first time out. Now it will not stay on. Thought about using 3M trim adhesive or something like it but I am afraid I may not be able to remove the trim at a later date if needed. Any thoughts or ideas?
Take a pair or pliers and put the squeeze to it in a few places, the metal channels inside the rubber will pinch down and it will be almost like new. I’ve been there and done that already.

C

Chooglin

Take a pair or pliers and put the squeeze to it in a few places, the metal channels inside the rubber will pinch down and it will be almost like new. I’ve been there and done that already.
X2

Reactions: rtn001
rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
RUSS989 Thanks again. It worked. Now lets see how long it stays on. There is a lot of vines on one of the trails I have to use to get to one of my deer stands. I may have to do some of the dreaded four letter W--k word and cut it out. GRRRRRR

Reactions: Chooglin
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
RUSS989 Thanks again. It worked. Now lets see how long it stays on. There is a lot of vines on one of the trails I have to use to get to one of my deer stands. I may have to do some of the dreaded four letter W--k word and cut it out. GRRRRRR
No problem, sounds like you need a good machete to cut those vines down. Correction,
W- -k is a four letter dirty word....unless it affords more pioneer accessories lol.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Honda sells the weatherstripping kit for those windshields, comes with all 4 pieces.
I don't even use a pliers to squeeze them , easy to just do it with your fingers.

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I saw one of mine trying to escape. Used 3m weather stripping adehesive. Worked great.
I don't know if mine is going to stay on or not. I haven't been able to use it sence I put the squeeze on it. If it works, great, if not I'll go for the bigger hammer.

Reactions: Stacy
Stacy

Stacy

Jul 12, 2015
Twin falls idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I don't know if mine is going to stay on or not. I haven't been able to use it sence I put the squeeze on it. If it works, great, if not I'll go for the bigger hammer.
That 3m stuff is awesome,I use it at work a lot. I put a bead all the way around and let it set overnight clamped. Formed the gasket perfectly to the curves better than before. Beware keep it of your hands or you will be wearing it for a week.

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
That 3m stuff is awesome,I use it at work a lot. I put a bead all the way around and let it set overnight clamped. Formed the gasket perfectly to the curves better than before. Beware keep it of your hands or you will be wearing it for a week.
I've got the feeling I'll be using it. That lower corner is looking for something to grab it. I used the 3M trim and molding adhesive years ago and it worked great.

Reactions: Stacy
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!