P700m4 Tire and Wheel size suggestions

J

Jake62

Feb 26, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Need some suggestions. Going from stock wheel/tires on P700R4 to 14". How tall would yall suggest for me without dropping too much power? Never been stuck with the stock setup, just high-centered, so I need a little more clearance. Mostly mud and hard pack.

Deerhunterrob

Deerhunterrob

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2017
NE ALABAMA
Ownership

1. 700-2
I run 28s on 16 model they robbed sum power but their mud tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Need some suggestions. Going from stock wheel/tires on P700R4 to 14". How tall would yall suggest for me without dropping too much power? Never been stuck with the stock setup, just high-centered, so I need a little more clearance. Mostly mud and hard pack.

Welcome to the forum.

If you haven't gotten stuck, I would suggest get some 27" tires but stay with 12" wheels. The 14" wheels make you loose too much side wall and you can cut a tire. A general rule is 28" and above you can use 14" and 28" and down you can use 12".

To help with the ground clearance, get yourself a Strong Made lift kit and that will get the belly up high. Stay away from the High Lifter for the P700. It will tear stuff up quick.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to forum,I run 28"Big Horns with front shock spacer and it's not to bad.They only rub a little on the mudd busters bolt heads.But it tolerable.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
The easiest way to lift it is with spring spacers that you can cut yourself. (Search previous threads in the 700 Modification forum)
A lift will also work. @joeymt33 is right. The Highlifter design induces too much stress.

As for tire size... I'm running 28.5" on 14" rims. I don't have any rubbing but tire design can be different. A squared off tread WILL rub.

Depending on how you bottomed out, you might need arched A-arms.

Reactions: joeymt33
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I had 27 inch tires with 12 inch rims worked great. They were ITP Mega mayhem's. On STI 12 inch HD 3 rims

lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I just bought a set of Interco Interforce, in 27x10-12. I think they would be a great tire for the P500, or the P700. I agree with many of the others on 27" height, and staying with 12" wheels. These tires run a true 27" height, after I mounted them. As far as wheel size, I personally rather the 12" wheel over the 14" wheel, even if I went up to 30" tires. I like the idea of more sidewall, and better floatation type performance. They will ride better, and flex better out on the trail.

IMG 0721

Reactions: swsebek
J

Jake62

Feb 26, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just bought a set of Interco Interforce, in 27x10-12. I think they would be a great tire for the P500, or the P700. I agree with many of the others on 27" height, and staying with 12" wheels. These tires run a true 27" height, after I mounted them. As far as wheel size, I personally rather the 12" wheel over the 14" wheel, even if I went up to 30" tires. I like the idea of more sidewall, and better floatation type performance. They will ride better, and flex better out on the trail.

View attachment 37047
Thanks! Do you have a lift? Much cheaper to keep the stock wheels. How much power loss with the 27s?

lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks! Do you have a lift? Much cheaper to keep the stock wheels. How much power loss with the 27s?

It's not on a P700, it's on my Honda Foreman. I was only suggesting looking at them, as I think they would make a nice choice. I'm going to buy a P500 in the near future and I plan to buy a second set for it. I like these tires because they are 6ply on the foot, but flex enough on the sidewall to still maintain a good ride. Yes if you don't mind the stock wheels they would mount on them nicely.

I can only speculate about the power loss with 27" tires on a a P700, and I'm sure others can speak from experience, but I'd think it would not hurt the power too bad. My foreman 500 turns them with ease. It even steers much better. I'm thinking once you go 28"-30" I'd think you'd definately have some trade offs, with power, and you'd probably need a lift.

Last edited:
advertisement
J

Jake62

Feb 26, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for all of the input! I installed a set of Interco Interforce 27" on the stock wheels. Man, what a difference! Steering is easier and they DIG. I don't know if I will need 4X again.....then again (hehehe)
Added 2.5" Strong Made lift on front and set the rear springs almost all the way up, too. I now have 11.5" front/rear clearance under the belly. Luvin' it so far!
Thanks again!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!