P500 To Remove Sway Bar or Not to Remove Sway Bar?

Jetsaround1

Jetsaround1

Sep 3, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 500
I have had several different machines over the year ...the first thing I have done on each one is remove the sway bars ....you can always reinstall them but to get the best of independant suspension they need to be removed.

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Took mine off just before I went out this weekend. Nice improvement on rocky trails, rear end stays planted alot better now.

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I have had several different machines over the year ...the first thing I have done on each one is remove the sway bars ....you can always reinstall them but to get the best of independant suspension they need to be removed.
No brainer

Reactions: J80
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
With out a doubt remove it. I live in the mountains with a ton of off camber places and to me it has helped keep the rear tires planted to the ground better but I also put 5-2 offset wheels on and 26x11R12 on all four and I know that helps keep it more stable on hill sides too.. I rode with it hooked up but once i took it off it will never be put back on. Now I just need to remove it all cause I did the quick unhook on it and used zip ties to tie up the little bars up that hook to the sway bar.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I came across my sway bar out in the shed the other day...my first thought was "what is this?"
Same thought for the OEM steering shaft in the garage.

Reactions: futzin
T

timhas2

Aug 13, 2020
Chico, CA
Ownership

1. 500
Hi all which sway bar should I remove the front or the back one?

Reactions: J80
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Hi all which sway bar should I remove the front or the back one?
Easy job.

bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
So I’m gonna finally disconnect tomorrow or Saturday. What do you zip tie it up to, the small linkage, or something else?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
So I’m gonna finally disconnect tomorrow or Saturday. What do you zip tie it up to, the small linkage, or something else?
Look for interfering suspension parts, on the Talon, just removing one link will have that loose end hitting the upper trailing arm but there are other suspensions with nothing in the way, so just remove one link - not sure on yours.

Tie it up to whatever's there if you have to remove both links.

This shows what I bungee'd to on a Talon and it shows the upper trailing arm that gets in the way (with brake line, lower right).
I 9P5S7w3 L

Reactions: bms

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!