P1000 Toe in alignment issue

H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I read up as much as I can before asking this. I have zero alignment experience.

I have a stock '18 Pioneer 1000 LE three seat.

Am I correct that the only front adjustment on my stock machine is the toe in?

I'm pretty sure I understand the measurement of the toe-in. Put something straight across the center of both front tires and measure front vs back. Front should be 1/8" to 3/16" closer than the back.

What I'm confused on is how important it is to have the front tires perfectly straight or to jack up the front of the vehicle. Most of the videos I have watched involve new A-arms which allow for camber adjustment I believe.

If I need the front tires perfectly straight do I just use a long 2x4 from back wheels to front and measure accordingly?

My thought is even if the front wheels aren't perfectly straight that the toe in measurements should still be accurate?

Thanks for any advice.

D

DDDonkey

The reason you want your front tires strait when setting the toe is so that your steering wheel is strait.

When I set my toe I put it in 1/8".

See Manual below.

Attachments

• toe in.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 221
H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The reason you want your front tires strait when setting the toe is so that your steering wheel is strait.

When I set my toe I put it in 1/8".

See Manual below.

Thanks. That is very helpful. What is the point of rolling the car back so the tires roate 180 degrees? Just double checking the measurements? The service manual says to check with not loads. Does that mean the front tires need to be off the ground?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!