P1000 Too deep

Hondaluvr417

Hondaluvr417

Jan 20, 2019
Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I've got right at 2k miles on my 1000-5 deluxe. Extended all the vent lines right after we bought it. Yesterday we spend all day riding and things went great as usual. At the end of the day I found a water hole to drive back and forth through to wash it off a little before loading up. Well, I hit a water hole that basically swallowed us annd we got stuck in loose gravel/sand. It sank and was just over the seat so I shut it off as it was right at the hood. Had it pulled out after about 7 minutes of sitting there. Pulled it back and loaded it up. Got home and pulled the plugs and airbox off of it and drained the oil. It did have a little water in the oil but wasn't mixed cause I hadn't started it. Cranked it over with the plugs out and blew the water out of the cylinders. Cleaned the plugs and reinstalled. Now it cranks over, but very slowly and won't even try to fire. I stopped there and here I am looking for suggestions. Thanks in advance.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That sounds very similar to what my buddy went through with his 16' P1k. After a lot of trouble shooting we ended up finding clogged injectors. Also check to make sure u did'nt get any muck in the fuel tank. Good luck, keep us posted.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I've got right at 2k miles on my 1000-5 deluxe. Extended all the vent lines right after we bought it. Yesterday we spend all day riding and things went great as usual. At the end of the day I found a water hole to drive back and forth through to wash it off a little before loading up. Well, I hit a water hole that basically swallowed us annd we got stuck in loose gravel/sand. It sank and was just over the seat so I shut it off as it was right at the hood. Had it pulled out after about 7 minutes of sitting there. Pulled it back and loaded it up. Got home and pulled the plugs and airbox off of it and drained the oil. It did have a little water in the oil but wasn't mixed cause I hadn't started it. Cranked it over with the plugs out and blew the water out of the cylinders. Cleaned the plugs and reinstalled. Now it cranks over, but very slowly and won't even try to fire. I stopped there and here I am looking for suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Also the exhaust can be full of water and mud. Had a mud hole plug up my exhaust screen even when running.

Hondaluvr417

Hondaluvr417

Jan 20, 2019
Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys, I'll have to wait to check some stuff. Gonna be out of town all week for work but will start checking and update when I get home.

Reactions: TripleB and JenElio
Hondaluvr417

Hondaluvr417

Jan 20, 2019
Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was cruising around this hole washing the mud off and got over too far and it just dropped off. Rest of the hole was just coming barely in the floorboards. FB IMG 1589135883897

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Was cruising around this hole washing the mud off and got over too far and it just dropped off. Rest of the hole was just coming barely in the floorboards.View attachment 201855
That right there is exactly why I did the hood snorkel on mine. Went through a hole that barely came up to the lug nuts, then came back through at the end of the day and it was up to the headlights.

advertisement
Hondaluvr417

Hondaluvr417

Jan 20, 2019
Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok so I had a little time tonight. Checked the main battery and was about 11.5v, got it on the charger. Secondary battery was fine 12.7v. Pulled the plugs again and put a little lube in the cylinders and cranked it a few times with ignition fuse out. All the fuses look good and don't appear to have had any water in them. Double checked my vent lines to fuel tank and sub trans, both are tight and secure to the roof. Fuel cap was tight. Also cranked over to see if I was getting pressure out of the exhaust, seems normal. Going to order new plugs, oil and a few sets of filters tomorrow and I'll dig back in next weekend. I will update after that. Thanks guys

Reactions: Isaiah and TripleB
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Ok so I had a little time tonight. Checked the main battery and was about 11.5v, got it on the charger. Secondary battery was fine 12.7v. Pulled the plugs again and put a little lube in the cylinders and cranked it a few times with ignition fuse out. All the fuses look good and don't appear to have had any water in them. Double checked my vent lines to fuel tank and sub trans, both are tight and secure to the roof. Fuel cap was tight. Also cranked over to see if I was getting pressure out of the exhaust, seems normal. Going to order new plugs, oil and a few sets of filters tomorrow and I'll dig back in next weekend. I will update after that. Thanks guys
Good luck, let us know.

Hondaluvr417

Hondaluvr417

Jan 20, 2019
Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update: Got back home from out of town today. Stopped and got some trans fluid and dumped 6.5 quarts in. Check the plugs one more time and left the breather box off. Cranked over slowly and tried to fire a few times. Cranked and gave it some gas and she fired. No engine noise! Let off the gas and she died, looked behind it and it was still pumping water out of the exhaust. Fired it back up and held her about 2500 rpm until the water stopped spitting out of the exhaust. Let off the gas and she idled (woohoo). Shut her down and cranked her again and she cranked normal speed and fired right up and idled normal. After further inspection of the intake under the hood, I don't believe it ingested water there. Gonna pull the whole air tube and clean and inspect it. I believe water got in somewhere below as there was no residue under the hood of the crap I was in. Gonna grab 4 gallons of oil, new plugs and a new air filter tomorrow. Going to pull apart the exhaust and clean it and go ahead and change the sub trans oil out too. Any other suggestions besides a snorkel? That's definitely gonna happen soon. Thanks for all the previous suggestions and thanks in advance for any more.

Hondaluvr417

Hondaluvr417

Jan 20, 2019
Central Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update 2: Been driving around this week quite a bit and all was good. Was running great, no engine noise then out of nowhere while cruising down a country road, BANG! Pretty sure it threw a rod. Left a trail of oil and had to get towed home. Dropping her off at the dealer tomorrow and hopefully they can get it covered under my extended warranty. Not gonna hold my breath on it but we'll see how it goes.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Update 2: Been driving around this week quite a bit and all was good. Was running great, no engine noise then out of nowhere while cruising down a country road, BANG! Pretty sure it threw a rod. Left a trail of oil and had to get towed home. Dropping her off at the dealer tomorrow and hopefully they can get it covered under my extended warranty. Not gonna hold my breath on it but we'll see how it goes.
Thats a bummer. Did u ever check the clamps on the intake hoses near the engine to see if water got in there?

Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!