P1000 Tilt Steering Strut (Too Long)

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone else think that the steering wheel should tilt down more? I’ve searched the s*** out of this subject and have come up with nothing. Has anyone tried replacing the tilt strut with one that’s shorter in length in order to let the wheel drop a bit further?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Wait….”too long” thats a good problem to have right 🤔 😂

• Haha
Reactions: TripleB and JenElio

Jun 21, 2018
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I actually got this accomplished but not in a manner that will suit everyone’s needs. I took a chance on a RZR1000 strut that was on eBay for $10 and it is shorter but lacks enough tilt for anyone who actually uses the tilt feature. I’m more of a set it and forget type so it will work for me. It actually lowered the top of the wheel by about 1.5” which is as far as the dash will allow it to drop but I must say it is more comfortable.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!