P1000 Tools and gear

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Spare tire, jack, wrench for lugs nuts, tire plugs , air comp, complete socket set complete wrench set. few diff size bolts/nuts, some electrical tape, and wire, asst of fuses ,. Zip ties, extra winch cable and winch straps, come along, news paper,matches, plastic sheeting, blocks of wood. Rain gear, flashlight, batteries, off road GPS . Dry clothes eg. sweats , First Aid kit ,with extra stuff. Bottled water. Chainsaw , bow saw, Shovel [winter time] Shift/control motor . I've probably forgot some smaller stuff . Of course that's the stuff that's always in the machine. Day rides will include cooler with food ,cell phone and have also pulled a trailer with a quad on the back depending where we go ,especially no cell service and miles into the bush. Always need a way back out.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
... Always need a way back out.
I'm good. 👍 Hey, at least it ain't croks. :cool:

I w8cBPXW XL

B

BrianM

Aug 14, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Pretty complete list above. The one thing I carry that I didn't see above is an emergency valve stem that I can replace from the outside without breaking the tire bead. The ones I have are manufactured by Colby. I've also seen a special tool for installing valve stems from the outside but I opted for the valve stem itself. You could probably almost grease up a normal valve stem and 'screw' it in. I haven't tried this and opted for the lazy way out.

advertisement
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Pretty complete list above. The one thing I carry that I didn't see above is an emergency valve stem that I can replace from the outside without breaking the tire bead. The ones I have are manufactured by Colby. I've also seen a special tool for installing valve stems from the outside but I opted for the valve stem itself. You could probably almost grease up a normal valve stem and 'screw' it in. I haven't tried this and opted for the lazy way out.
The July 2022 issue of UTV Action has an article on externally replaceable valve stems. They're called QuickStem and are available from RMATV, Hardline Products FindItPart.com, Amazon and A&I Products.

D

duramaxman05

Apr 25, 2019
Perryville
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We just went through this last weekend on a ride in the mark twain forest. No phone service. Our pioneer kept dying. Ended up throwing up code 57 on gear indicator. Had to get towed out. Sunday got it home and took the shift motor out and cleaned it with scotch Brite pad. Works good now but for how long. Ours is still under warranty. Would an aftermarket shift motor work for a spare to keep in the tool box? Also something else to take along, download the service manual to your phone. In case you don't have any service, you still have the manual.

Reactions: Smitty335
StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a buncha stuff. Water bottles are number one, and Gorilla tape is second. Other than that, full tool kit, 4 extra 10mm sockets, jack, tire plugs, Ryobi inflator, straps, snatch block, 25' dyneema recovery rope, MSR rocket stove and gas, stainless cups, starbucks coffee packs, Leatherman, USB charger and cables.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have a buncha stuff. Water bottles are number one, and Gorilla tape is second. Other than that, full tool kit, 4 extra 10mm sockets, jack, tire plugs, Ryobi inflator, straps, snatch block, 25' dyneema recovery rope, MSR rocket stove and gas, stainless cups, starbucks coffee packs, Leatherman, USB charger and cables.
🤔.......only (4) 10mm sockets ehh?......... Risky move bud 😂😂

R

rudyeng

Oct 27, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Add the following
Upper/lower ball joints, Cammenga Tritium Compass. Garmin 700i, USB power supply, X-BULL 3/8" x 100ft Synthetic Winch Rope.

Best of luck !

Rudy

Reactions: Buggyman
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!