P1000 Tools and tool bag

B

bldmtnrider

Jan 8, 2021
Longmont, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So the build/mods is about done, leaving in 2 weeks for Moab on a brand new machine and need to get the trail tools together.

First question is does anyone have any recommendations on a tool bag? Going to be going in the rear doors so nothing too massive, would rather go with multiple that one large, and hopefully something with some good chafe resistance. I can get something off Amazon, just wondering if there is anything out there that people have been really happy with.

Second question is tools. Outside of the standard sockets and wrenches, any specialty tools or socket sizes I haven't found yet? Planning on covering sizes from 10mm to 19mm, hex wrench, hammer, screw drivers,... Would like to have the tools to cover at least a tie rod change and an axle change but not sure what tools I need there.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Gold-digger

Gold-digger

Mar 12, 2019
Ocean Shores Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i went down to Harbor Fright bought on of there med size zipper bag, got a set of metric short and long sockets and a set of open ends wrenches ,pliers , wire stripers , roll of black tape , 20 butt splices and splice pliers and a cheep $40. home depot mult meter.
carry a tire iron and jack , slikrok products has a good video of a new jack for sxs , i have a high lift jack on mine.
Remember most likely your buddy didn't brings tools to fix his YZ so carry tools for that to lol

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!