P1000 Top Question

J

justindiiorio

Nov 5, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New here to the forum. I tried a search but didn't really find the answer I'm looking for.
I have a 16 P1K 5 and when I purchased it I didn't think much about having a covered bed. Well it has turned out to be a little bit more of a burden than I originally thought. My question is can the P1K 5 top be removed and just have a P1K 3 seater top installed? I know the bars over the bed are just bolted on so I know those can be removed. Just curious if the tops will interchange.

Reactions: sharp
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think there is a member on here that has removed the rear ROP and installed the 3P top on his 5P. Also think I have seen a 3P top modified to just cover the front seat and leave rear ROP in place.

Reactions: sharp
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New here to the forum. I tried a search but didn't really find the answer I'm looking for.
I have a 16 P1K 5 and when I purchased it I didn't think much about having a covered bed. Well it has turned out to be a little bit more of a burden than I originally thought. My question is can the P1K 5 top be removed and just have a P1K 3 seater top installed? I know the bars over the bed are just bolted on so I know those can be removed. Just curious if the tops will interchange.
Yes...there are several here who have taken off the rear cage...the P3 factory top will work but i think you'll have to notch it where the rear cage attaches.

Reactions: lee
J

justindiiorio

Nov 5, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's great info. Thanks a lot fellas

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!