• Thread starter live Valve Stripper
  • Start date
L

live Valve Stripper

Feb 28, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I want to install a light bar but don't know how many watts I can run.
Does anyone know what the maximum watt output is on a stock 2020 Talon X4?

Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you're going by the wattage specs on-line, especially on eBay or Amazon, they are bogus - - sort of an ad war with no basis in actual wattage (which actually means very little as it correlates to actual light output in lumens.

As an example, I purchased a 54" Nilight (link below) with a claimed 312 watts (the formula for watts is Watts = Current X Voltage) so at a nominal 13 volts, one would expect the light to draw 24 amps (26 amps if input is internally regulated to 12 volts). I measured that to see. With 13.3 volts I measured 16.4 amps, or 218 watts. So much for truth in advertising.

BTW, the light is very bright and I'm pleased with it so far. Link: NiLight LED bar

I made the light mounts (shown before painted black).

20210805 151504

Reactions: russknight

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!