Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'll say I love my plastics as well they are gouged up pretty good but since the additions I don't worry about anything. The way they slide over rocks is some phenomenal I would have gotten aluminum had it not been for many people from the site suggesting plastic I'm a happy man for sure. We went with SSS and at first I was kind of concerned because there are no clean out holes but from what I seen less crap gets up in there so there's considerably less to clean. The sides get pounded but that's an easy fix you just spray it from one direction and it slides out the other as far as the center it just doesn't load up, very little gets in. For us it's A very good thing not to have holes because were in the sticks so much now there's no way for entry points. Skids are very needed the factory skid is crap.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I asked I assumed that either of these companies would not mind a bit about mentioning offered discounts. Since I bought my Honda so early in the model year, and from a local dealer, I paid full price. But don't get me wrong. I prefer Jameson and I get almost 4 bottles simply by mentioning membership in this forum. One thing I have come to understand here is that if the information is available, it is almost expected that you do your own digging before asking for a handout. I guess that is mostly alright. Anyway, I just ordered a full set with A-arm guards and got the 10% discount. Maybe for the next guy looking to buy.
Perfect! Hope others can take advantage of the discount as well... it's all good!

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll say I love my plastics as well they are gouged up pretty good but since the additions I don't worry about anything. The way they slide over rocks is some phenomenal I would have gotten aluminum had it not been for many people from the site suggesting plastic I'm a happy man for sure. We went with SSS and at first I was kind of concerned because there are no clean out holes but from what I seen less crap gets up in there so there's considerably less to clean. The sides get pounded but that's an easy fix you just spray it from one direction and it slides out the other as far as the center it just doesn't load up, very little gets in. For us it's A very good thing not to have holes because were in the sticks so much now there's no way for entry points. Skids are very needed the factory skid is crap.
Yeah, I was thinking the plastic has more memory and is slicker to slide over stuff. Plus, I like the thickness... 6 of 1 half dozen of another, right? It's all about making the machine more durable and therefore more reliable. Broken in the woods, how much would I pay to possibly not be in that position is how I look at it...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yeah, I was thinking the plastic has more memory and is slicker to slide over stuff. Plus, I like the thickness... 6 of 1 half dozen of another, right? It's all about making the machine more durable and therefore more reliable. Broken in the woods, how much would I pay to possibly not be in that position is how I look at it...
It was weird for me to spend that kind of money on plastic but I'm glad I did one thing I haven't seen brought up I'm curious about it is how much better it'll slide over snow. Snow won't stick I'm sure so I think that'll be an added bonus.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hate to be so bold as to ask outright...I am about to order either Trail Armor or FTU. I remember reading somewhere here that forum members getting a 10% discount. What are folks paying for the full setup with A-arm guards?
I paid 937 shipped from trail armor. Pick up the phone and call them. They will price match FTU with arm guards

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It was weird for me to spend that kind of money on plastic but I'm glad I did one thing I haven't seen brought up I'm curious about it is how much better it'll slide over snow. Snow won't stick I'm sure so I think that'll be an added bonus.
My brother was telling me that it's a rip off, but I thought it was well engineered and manufacturing, material handling, warrantee... it all adds up! Sitting here typing this message, I have zero regrets!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The aluminum one from S&S was 750 to my door with arm guards. Haven't noticed any hanging up on rocks. And really like 3/16 compared to 1/2". It didn't help that a couple members had some cracks develop with their uhmw skids either. Bottom line is go with your gut and get something under there other than that G-string of a skid plate that it came with new lol.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The aluminum one from S&S was 750 to my door with arm guards. Haven't noticed any hanging up on rocks. And really like 3/16 compared to 1/2". It didn't help that a couple members had some cracks develop with their uhmw skids either. Bottom line is go with your gut and get something under there other than that G-string of a skid plate that it came with new lol.

Amen. Preach it Brother!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Bottom line is go with your gut and get something under there other than that G-string of a skid plate that it came with new lol.-@Delton

There are many ways to get this done and by the very funny way my friend here here has so delicately mentioned there needs to be added protection. Get it done. It's money that looks better elsewhere but very important!

W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Skidplate
I went with this one from Rival . I like the footwell protection. It was $850 shipped and included skid plate, a arm guards front and rear, and foot well protector

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 24488 I went with this one from Rival . I like the footwell protection. It was $850 shipped and included skid plate, a arm guards front and rear, and foot well protector
I like that. Pretty sure that one wasn't available back when I was looking. Or I would've seriously considered it. Also digging the foot well protection. I've seen a few pics of sticks/limbs penetrating the front area.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That looks factory as hell! Digging the raised ridges for added strength

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eltobgi and drfubar
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Uhh... what do I do about this huge overhang in the fenderwell? No way my tires are going to clear this! 319f425f64340c0e6f6ad568150d43f9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dp5hunter

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!