P1000 Trail Armor

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Received my Trail Armor last week, just got around to the installation yesterday. This is some good stuff, well designed and fit perfectly.

Comparison of OEM and Trail Armor

IMG 3147

Most of the way done in this pic
IMG 3150

Serious amount of undercarriage protection
IMG 3167

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OEM is very flimsy. Minimal protection for such a large investment.

Reactions: Manwell
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Met the trail armor forks at Windrock Jamboree They where installing them on site if you purchased at event. You who not believe the pile of rzr oem skids laying there.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guess I'm just old school in my thinking but I preferred the aluminum one from S&S. Couldn't beat the price either. To each his own.

Reactions: Stauvo and Manwell
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's amazing to me that the OEM protection is so lame... I guess there is money in repairs and aftermarket parts!

Reactions: Windrock1000
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Plastic
Guess I'm just old school in my thinking but I preferred the aluminum one from S&S. Couldn't beat the price either. To each his own.
Plastic or metal, I would suggest something more that the OEM original equipment. I was really surprised at the difference.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Plastic

Plastic or metal, I would suggest something more that the OEM original equipment. I was really surprised at the difference.
Just wait until you start sliding your ride across rocks and stuff. Just awesome! I believe the trail armor is the most imporant add on you can buy.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tra
Just wait until you start sliding your ride across rocks and stuff. Just awesome! I believe the trail armor is the most imporant add on you can buy.
Trail Armor, winch, spare tire / fuel rack and jack were on my list of needed before I head for the woods. The winch is just about done (waiting on some electric connectors to finish) and I should get my spare tire and fuel tank rack from Moses on Wednesday. When that's installed I will mount the Hi-Lift jack... Hoping to be somewhere next weekend!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Plastic

I was surprised too. It won't even support its own weight. Just slumps over. No way I'd trust that sucker for protection.

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hate to be so bold as to ask outright...I am about to order either Trail Armor or FTU. I remember reading somewhere here that forum members getting a 10% discount. What are folks paying for the full setup with A-arm guards?

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wasn't aware of any group or forum discounts, I paid full list price as detailed on their web site. Not inexpensive, but worth the money, at least for me.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought a FUTV setup. Didn't know we got a discount either so I paid full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Dasmoeturhead

Hey I'm always getting screwed, and used to paying full price. Its my curse for something I must have done somewhere along the line. My wife always joke about it. We always say to each other, wait a minute you know who we are, there's no way were going to make out on a deal. Just a fact of life for us tax paying, law abiding slobs that follow the rules, and never get a break.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey I'm always getting screwed, and used to paying full price. Its my curse for something I must have done somewhere along the line. My wife always joke about it. We always say to each other, wait a minute you know who we are, there's no way were going to make out on a deal. Just a fact of life for us tax paying, law abiding slobs that follow the rules, and never get a break.
I look at it like this: If I think it's worth it, I couldn't care less what others paid! So I get 10% group discount, $120 - I spend that on a good bottle of Bourbon or going out for dinner, just not a big deal. Bottom line for me is that my skid plates are installed as I type...

D

Dasmoeturhead

I look at it like this: If I think it's worth it, I couldn't care less what others paid! So I get 10% group discount, $120 - I spend that on a good bottle of Bourbon or going out for dinner, just not a big deal. Bottom line for me is that my skid plates are installed as I type...
Hey, I want to hang with you, and help you out with that $120.00 bottle of bourbon :)>

N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I asked I assumed that either of these companies would not mind a bit about mentioning offered discounts. Since I bought my Honda so early in the model year, and from a local dealer, I paid full price. But don't get me wrong. I prefer Jameson and I get almost 4 bottles simply by mentioning membership in this forum. One thing I have come to understand here is that if the information is available, it is almost expected that you do your own digging before asking for a handout. I guess that is mostly alright. Anyway, I just ordered a full set with A-arm guards and got the 10% discount. Maybe for the next guy looking to buy.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!