Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This weekend I went away with some family and friends and decided to get out one of my bigger coolers. It's a fancy Igloo "Island Breeze". Put 36 busch lites in it on friday around noon with a large bag of ice. Last night (over 48 hours later) there was still a good amount of ice left. The cooler spent the weekend in the bed of my truck under a black tonneau cover. It was in the mid 70s on saturday and in the sun so it was really hot in the bed of the truck.

If a $30 cooler would keep ice all weekend for me, why the heck do I need a $200 one? LOL. Even better, nobody will steal it!
I don’t disagree one bit with you on that. I get a lot of looks and comments about my high dollar coolers and have to hear about how the cheap ones hold ice just as long and blah blah blah. People think it’s crazy to spend that kind of money and they aren’t wrong necessarily. Having said that, I bought mine because I wanted something I could beat the snot out of and it still hold up. I didn’t buy mine based on ice retention, I’ve had my 35 for 6 years and it’s been great so far.

J

JTW

I don’t disagree one bit with you on that. I get a lot of looks and comments about my high dollar coolers and have to hear about how the cheap ones hold ice just as long and blah blah blah. People think it’s crazy to spend that kind of money and they aren’t wrong necessarily. Having said that, I bought mine because I wanted something I could beat the snot out of and it still hold up. I didn’t buy mine based on ice retention, I’ve had my 35 for 6 years and it’s been great so far.
That’s the real benefit.. you can beat on them and they don’t completly fall apart. That said.. it comes at at cost. The f***ers are heavy!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This weekend I went away with some family and friends and decided to get out one of my bigger coolers. It's a fancy Igloo "Island Breeze". Put 36 busch lites in it on friday around noon with a large bag of ice. Last night (over 48 hours later) there was still a good amount of ice left. The cooler spent the weekend in the bed of my truck under a black tonneau cover. It was in the mid 70s on saturday and in the sun so it was really hot in the bed of the truck.

If a $30 cooler would keep ice all weekend for me, why the heck do I need a $200 one? LOL. Even better, nobody will steal it!
That getting stolen part was the main reason I stayed away from the high dollar coolers.

Reactions: Mudwing and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s the real benefit.. you can beat on them and they don’t completly fall apart. That said.. it comes at at cost. The f***ers are heavy!
You’re right about that, my 75 is a handful when it’s loaded.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Rtic coolers are made in China. I got my yeti 8 years ago as a gift and it is very durable. Have not had to replace hinges or latches. My neighbor has a yeti and has had it over 10 years. It gets used daily as he owns a boring machine and track hoe and he keeps water in it during the day and beer at night. He has replaced the latches one time.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bah!

Nothing can withstand the abuse of my wife’s $5 flower power cooler. It’s so awesome no one will use it.

For real this is my go to cooler.

the big one stays at the campground.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
When people compare the Yeti to a $30 igloo for drinking beer and say their igloo is just as good, they are spot on. Doesn't matter what cooler you use if you're in and out of it 50 times a day. I bought my Yeti about 9 years ago because we went on a week long primitive camping trip and the closest place to get ice was 25 miles away. I had a "nice" Igloo cooler we were using just to hold ice and a few frozen food items (had a separate cooler for beer/soda/etc). I had to run out and get ice twice, so 100 miles and the time lost going to get it. Couple next to us had a Yeti 45 and they never left camp. Their cooler had more ice in it after 5 days than mine did after 2. We stopped and bought one on the way home. If you precool the newer insulated coolers like they suggest you can get a week out of the ice as long as you are opening it sparingly. I like my small Ozark Trail hard cooler for day rides.

NewHere2

NewHere2

Village Idiot In Training
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2020
High Plains of SD
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
I think it was @ohanacreek posted pics on page 2 of a “Lifetime” brand cooler sold by Walmart. Darn good cooler for the money. I’ve got the 28 model. Keeps ice longer than most. Believe it was around $80 for the 28.
What I like most, it doesn’t leak water, even if tipped on its side. No more wet riders.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

You just don't understand cool or yuppie! HA!

Reactions: ehart814
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
When people compare the Yeti to a $30 igloo for drinking beer and say their igloo is just as good, they are spot on. Doesn't matter what cooler you use if you're in and out of it 50 times a day. I bought my Yeti about 9 years ago because we went on a week long primitive camping trip and the closest place to get ice was 25 miles away. I had a "nice" Igloo cooler we were using just to hold ice and a few frozen food items (had a separate cooler for beer/soda/etc). I had to run out and get ice twice, so 100 miles and the time lost going to get it. Couple next to us had a Yeti 45 and they never left camp. Their cooler had more ice in it after 5 days than mine did after 2. We stopped and bought one on the way home. If you precool the newer insulated coolers like they suggest you can get a week out of the ice as long as you are opening it sparingly. I like my small Ozark Trail hard cooler for day rides.
And on extended stays plan your last meals and use dry ice in the last cooler your going to be opening, of course what ever you put in it needs to be frozen before you pack. Should say frozen for at least 4 days with a yuppie cooler.

Reactions: ohanacreek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!