rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Been using that homemade drag for years. Seems like a pallet wouldn't hold up very long though, always used an old bed spring or chain link fence gate. Adding cinder blocks will definitely help it dig. I bought a drag harrow from TS last year, little pricey but gives you three drag options and works great on the stone driveway.
Used the heavy duty pallet
made with oak...4x4 runners
....but the black plastic ones
work the best

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Been using that homemade drag for years. Seems like a pallet wouldn't hold up very long though, always used an old bed spring or chain link fence gate. Adding cinder blocks will definitely help it dig. I bought a drag harrow from TS last year, little pricey but gives you three drag options and works great on the stone driveway.

Then your back too.the..
Many ways to...skin a cat
deal...
wat works for some..
maybe not for others..
....it better than ...ruining
your rig...or plow setup

Mandryk

Mandryk

Jan 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 500

Do you tie these off to a tow hitch off the back or how do you attach them to the machine?
Approximately how far do they drag behind the back wheels?
I assume closer is better especially for tight turns..
Thanks

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Do you tie these off to a tow hitch off the back or how do you attach them to the machine?
Thanks
I use wat is called..."Mule Tape"
It's nylon flat cord...2500 pound..
from when I did telephone work
yes shorter the better...
quick easy...inexpensive way
...to clear snow...level dirt...
blah..blah...blah

Reactions: Mandryk
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks

The drag harrow I bought has a ring on the end of two chains that are attached to the mat. I have the 3 way hitch and just drop a pin in.
Yes, it does ride close and you have to watch on tight turns not to grab the chains.
Loyal Multi-Use Harrow, 4 ft. x 4 ft. - For Life Out Here

Reactions: rocmar
S

Scottyb

Jan 7, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Hello All,
I am new to the Forum and armed with enough knowledge from this site to purchase a P500.
I currently have an older ATV (1990 Fourtrax 350 ATV - owned since new, still running original tires) where I enjoy the slow nature and ability to get through tight areas.
I have trails that I would like to plow.....let's call it "skim some excess snow" off the trail so my family can walk to a small toboggan area. As I have never owned a plow blade or a winch I am wondering if this is possible.
I believe the plows are designed to rest on the pucks on the ground while pushing.
If I ride along with the blade 6" off the ground will I be able to move snow or will it destroy the winch or other items?
thanks,
Mandryk - Ontario, Canada
I have Honda plow and winch on my 500 both made by Warn. I do what you want to do all the time. No problem and plow is plenty tough and I don't baby it Just go in second gear. I also plow driveway etc. It's a beast. Really like how high I can raise the plow. I have a partridge out back that fell in love with the Honda so I plow a path back to him so I can feed him. At times he will jump up and sit on my knee.

Reactions: QuadMan747
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have Honda plow and winch on my 500 both made by Warn. I do what you want to do all the time. No problem and plow is plenty tough and I don't baby it Just go in second gear. I also plow driveway etc. It's a beast. Really like how high I can raise the plow. I have a partridge out back that fell in love with the Honda so I plow a path back to him so I can feed him. At times he will jump up and sit on my knee.
Where does that partridge live. Do you have an orchard back there, maybe a pear tree?

Mandryk

Mandryk

Jan 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 500

I am probably not alone in wanting to see a picture of the partridge on the knee!!!!
Thanks for the info. I go to the dealer tomorrow to hammer out my deal on a 2016 Red P500.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
We got about 5" over night and this morning. Then winds from the southwest took our temperature up and it changed to sleet and rain. Knocked the snow down but made it a mess, wet and heavy.

Reactions: Shadesmn
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We got about 5" over night and this morning. Then winds from the southwest took our temperature up and it changed to sleet and rain. Knocked the snow down but made it a mess, wet and heavy.
You're just out there in a hoody huh trigger? Can you change the blade angle from the cab, or is that something that you have to get out and do manually??

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You're just out there in a hoody huh trigger? Can you change the blade angle from the cab, or is that something that you have to get out and do manually??

Yeah, we've had below 0 wind chills here lately so my Yankee blood is good and thick right now. It was like 38f when I got home to plow...
that's hoody weather around here.
I have to get out to change the blade angle. I thought everything was good and soft until I hit the old snow pile at the end of the driveway.
Kicked the ass end over a little and the pile wasn't moving.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah, we've had below 0 wind chills here lately so my Yankee blood is good and thick right now. It was like 38f when I got home to plow...
I have to get out to change the blade angle. I thought everything was good and soft until I hit the old snow pile at the end of the driveway.
Looks cool though. I like how you had mama out there filming and you could just hear the P5 running until you hopped out of the garage blade droppin and ready to get it!!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looks cool though. I like how you had mama out there filming and you could just hear the P5 running until you hopped out of the garage blade droppin and ready to get it!!

Lol, when I told her that I wanted her to film it she rolled her eyes and said " for your man facebook "?
One of these days...bang, zoom...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lol, when I told her that I wanted her to film it she rolled her eyes and said " for your man facebook "?
One of these days...bang, zoom...
Well hell yeah for your man Facebook lol.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Man Facebook is right! They just dont get it...fortunately i had my 9 yr old to film my plowing video.:)

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Kool...dude
...but I don't miss
...the snow

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
I agree...38 is hoodie weather for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

U

uncyboo

Nov 23, 2016
Shelby, Montana
Ownership

1. 500
I agree...38 is hoodie weather for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
We haven't seen 38 since just after Thanksgiving. I'm not sure we've seen anything over 20 since Thanksgiving. Haven't seen 10 above in over a week. My back porch thermometer says 13 below right now. Radio station is predicting 25 below for tonite. So 38 would be shirt sleeve weather for us. Supposed to get nice this weekend maybe 30 they say.

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
Thats cold! I went jogging this morning for 6 miles. It was 5 degrees. 99096ea51a86fb885fc93f829794d2ec

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!